Rock Auto 5% Discount Code - But Beware of Returned Part Costs

ship

5% discount code 198770038124171508 good until May 1, 2022.  Everyone is eligible to use the code.

Edited by ship
  • Thanks 2

After an experience trying to return a defective AC compressor, I will not use Rock Auto.

• Sad 1

Just to clarify, a new AC compressor was defective, I could not get an RMA and had to eat return shipping. Just ask Google about RA return issues.

Just to clarify, "

RockAuto will not accept returns of:
  • Installed parts."
Edited by Padgett
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 2:21 PM, Padgett said:

Just to clarify, a new AC compressor was defective, I could not get an RMA and had to eat return shipping. Just ask Google about RA return issues.

Just to clarify, "

RockAuto will not accept returns of:
  • Installed parts."

I just placed an order to RockAuto because they were the best price by far and Amazon didn't stock them. The discount didn't work for me for some reason but it wouldn't have been much of a savings on my small order. Maybe the order was too small to get the discount? Only $35 total but would have been $66 locally if they had been in stock, and they didn't even know if they could get the parts I needed. So, RockAuto was my only choice. I still don't like RockAuto but sometimes you have to dance with the devil to get what you want.

This will be the second time I've ordered from RockAuto. The first time I had a shock absorber damaged in shipment. They sent out a replacement the same day without me having to return  the damaged one. I hope this order goes as smoothly.

Problem was the only way to find out that the new compressor shaft seal leaked was to install it. Guess RA may be ok if a part does not need to be installed to check that it works but right now I like PartsGeek better. Most of the GM dealer related parts outlets will kill you on (non-refundable) shipping.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:39 AM, Ronnie said:

I still don't like RockAuto but sometimes you have to dance with the devil to get what you want.

Well, I danced with the devil and got burned. It was the first and last time that will happen. The part I ordered would  not fit. I went through their return process carefully to make sure it was clear that the part would not fit. It appeared they would refund my money and pay for return shipping as I went through the process. Nope! At the end of the process they offered to print me a "discounted" return label for $7.99 which will be deducted from my refund. I could find no way to talk to a human about it so I printed the shipping label. I won't be buying from them again.

• Sad 1

Well, I got burned worse than I thought. I got my refund today. They deducted the cost of shipping the part to me, as well as for me shipping the part back to them. It cost me about $20 to return a part that DID NOT fit. I will NEVER, EVER buy from RockAuto again! 

Below is the refund notice I got. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Money has been refunded to your PayPal balance.
Your refund summary:    
April 28, 2022 11:13:33 PDT        
Total purchase amount        $34.59 USD        
Amount refunded        $14.24 USD        
Refund paid by RockAuto, LLC

• Sad 1

Wow Ronnie, that really sucks that they stiffed you double on the shipping costs.  I'm really glad that I've never had to return a part after purchasing from them.  BUT, your experience should be a future warning to all of us when tempting to purchase a part from Rock Auto.

• Agree 1

• ship changed the title to Rock Auto 5% Discount Code - But Beware of Returned Part Costs
  • 6 months later...

A new Rock Auto 5% discount code available to all, good up 'til Jan 1, 2023:

• Thanks 1

Had the same thing happen on a $200 AC compressor that was bad but "had been installed". How else do you find that a compressor is bad ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Rock Auto 5% discount good until May 26, 2023: 230341472124171508

• 3 weeks later...

Rock Auto 5% discount good until June 9, 2023: 231408591206300863

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New Rock Auto 5% discount good until Dec 8, 2023 can be used by all: 249038400124171508

• Thanks 2