How to replace Rear Speakers on 90' Reatta

lukehemstreet

Alright so I wasn't able to find anything on forums so I went into this project pretty blind, but I figured it out! Each of the pictures for the most part are in order of panel removal. This is the only way to replace the rear speakers. Theres a lot of screws and a couple bolts. Keep Them Organized! The first panel you will need to remove is the one with the luggage hook that is directly above the ski door. Its just the two screws on the side of the hook. Pull panel straight towards the front of the car. DO NOT YANK! Pull EACH of the panels slowly with significant strength. The Second set of panels you will remove are the panels directly next to the luggage hook panel. There is a single bolt that needs to be taken out. Its very small I do not remember the exact size. 7mm I believe. Unscrew the seat belt and coat hanger. Now this panel has a plastic push in tack much like the door panels. All you do again is pull STRAIGHT towards the front of the car. The last panel you will need to remove is now the one that directly covers the speakers. This is the most stressful panel because theres a huge chance plastic trim may break. Undo the three screws that are located on the edge near the ski door. Next undo the two screws above the speaker clothe screen. There are again three push in style plastic tacks holding in the rest of the panel. Now pull panel straight towards the center of the car. Slow and Steady. Once removed you will have clear access to the speaker mounting bracket and electrical connector. I had to resolder the male connector onto my new Pioneer 6x9 speakers for proper install. There are two wires on each connector side. Usually the wire with and stripe and one wire without a stripe. The wire with a stripe is the Postive wire and the plain color wire is Ground (negative). Good Luck!!!! Let me know if you have any questions!

A848AF50-7E83-4286-903D-DCD05E2F9ADB.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5217.jpg

IMG_5218.jpg

IMG_5219.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5224.jpg

IMG_5225.jpg

IMG_5226.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

• Like 1

Very good job.  Great instructions.  As I mentioned in a previous post, just carefully remove parts in layers.  Maybe Ronnie can add your instructions/pics to the Reatta Owners Journal.  As an aside, in your pic #10 the little black box in the lower right corner is the Keyless Entry Module...your key fobs communicate with this box.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ship said:

Very good job.  Great instructions.  As I mentioned in a previous post, just carefully remove parts in layers.  Maybe Ronnie can add your instructions/pics to the Reatta Owners Journal.  As an aside, in your pic #10 the little black box in the lower right corner is the Keyless Entry Module...your key fobs communicate with this box.

Thanks! and very cool! That actually reminds me. I have to press the lock button on the key fob four time for the car to actually lock do you have any tips?

9 hours ago, lukehemstreet said:

Thanks! and very cool! That actually reminds me. I have to press the lock button on the key fob four time for the car to actually lock do you have any tips?

It sounds like you only have one key fob.  The Reatta came with two.  I believe you'll have to reprogram the key fob as "key fob #1" and "key fob #2" as the Keyless Entry Module is expecting two.  I know it sounds weird but complete instructions can be found in the Reatta Owners Journal.

• Agree 1