Headlight motor run-on after opening

MOUSE

I have a headlamp motor that continues to run for about 15-seconds after light is raised in open position. only thing i have done is lubricate pivot points with lithium grease.  Motors are only two years old. Help!

Welcome to the forum!

Two things that can cause the motor to keep running are the rollers inside the gearbox have disintegrated and/or the hole inside the bellcrank has rounded out. Both should be replaced at the same time when rebuilding the headlight motors.

The headlight control module has a built in timer that shuts the motor off after it has ran for a certain period of time if it doesn't sense the doors have opened. Probably about 15 seconds as you describe.

Barney Eaton has written a great tutorial with photos that explains what is going on with your headlight motors: Headlight Door Troubleshooting

Welcome to the forum!

Two things that can cause the motor to keep running are the rollers inside the gearbox have disintegrated and/or the hole inside the bellcrank has rounded out. Both should be replaced at the same time when rebuilding the headlight motors.

The headlight control module has a built in timer that shuts the motor off after it has ran for a certain period of time if it doesn't sense the doors have opened. Probably about 15 seconds as you describe.

Barney Eaton has written a great tutorial with photos that explains what is going on with your headlight motors: Headlight Door Troubleshooting

Thanks! Ronnie,  My problem was worn out slot on actuator arms.  Motors are new, so rollers are new. ordered new ones from "Reatta Parts West".