'91 Radio faceplate removal

Gary K

I have been very hesitant to try this without asking someone with knowledge on the '91 Radio faceplate removal.  My original radio has a tape stuck and I have another factory radio to go right in. Any easy tips on doing this without the bends and scratches?  I checked the how to section and did not see anything there to help me.  Thank you for any help in advance,  Gary 

Look under "Body Interior"  then "IPC Removal" the radio is right next to the IPC and the radio and temperature control can be removed with a torx driver or sockets. Easiest to remove the two together as there is a connecting bar that holds the two units together. Slide it out about halfway and take a small flat blade screwdriver and slide it under the connector for the Temperature Control unit and slide off the connector. The radio has typical squeeze clamps and is removed. Then unplug the antenna.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Your diy instructions sound very good and I will follow step by step. Weather permitting I will tackle this in the near future.   Thank you Dave!

Would have checked for a reply sooner but had a medical emergency.    Gary