No crank no start 88 Reatta

Mlanes88

Replaced, starter,coil pack,fuel pump,ignition switch ,relay and still nothing.  any help/advice

Screenshot_20210515-221002_Google.jpg

"No Crank No Start."

Welcome!  Are you saying the starter will not spin over the engine when you turn the key to start?

• Agree 1

Yes please state exactly what happens

when turn key from OFF to RUN

- hear fuel pump

- get pressure on fuel rail

when you turn the key to START

- dashboard blanks

- warning on dash

- nothing.  Same if in park or neutral. Wiggling the shifter has no effect.

- hear clicks

- engine cranks but does not start

• Like 2

Hi please forgive my delayed response this car is very interesting it's not been consistent with what I'm telling you right now cuz it'll change in 5 minutes it seems like I turned the ignition on and normally I hear the pump like right now I'm not hearing the pump my dash lights are not coming on I replaced the ignition switch already and just about everything up to that point where I believe it's either I'm thinking that that deterring module I don't have a vats but I had to replace the relay behind or up above the brake pedal

I have not delved into the neutral safety switch as of yet right now I'm still checking on my grounds and making sure there's no chafed wires or anything along the lines that would be a simple fix,

And by the way thank you for the welcome I have been driving myself and that's trying to get this thing in a position where I can do something with it it's a wonderful car I love it but I'm a little frustrated and looking forward to your response

Sounds like time to get out a meter and the wiring diagram & start troubleshooting. no dash lights sounds like a battery connection but the place to start is the ignition switch.

Edited by Padgett

Well I know I just installed the switch I got it from market East Coast last week early in the week and put it all together and she fired up for about 10 minutes and let it run for a little bit set it down came back out that that night to go for a ride and it wouldn't do nothing again so I mean at that point I'd put in the new ignition rack switch went ahead and I had already put in the fuel pump in a coil pack and God what else as it's as it is where I stand right now with this I have the I have the column apart well at least the steering wheels off I have the cylinder in my hand I know the little doorbell trying plastic pieces broken it goes inside the ignition and I can't get it to do nothing whenever I do get it into the crank position on the cylinder all the lights go off and it comes back on turn the key back I'm glad you're here I mean I've been doing mechanical most of my life but this little baby right here is an interesting interesting vehicle I like it wouldn't trade it for the world but I'm a little frustrated so any guidance at this point would help I don't know what the theft deterrent module on this would be creating this problem the lady who be between this to me so to speak it was an inherited she just passed away and gave it to me this is her baby and she hadn't driven it for 9 years and so I'm going through a lot of bugs and glitches in it this is a an interesting one I'll wait for your response if you have time to respond and maybe we can figure something out here because I love this thing and I really like it to run I appreciate you by the way my name is Mason

You'll have to forgive me I'm using a handheld device in the voice recognizer does not always type my words as I speak them or like I speak them so forgive the typos and the spelled words but I hope you can still follow the thread

Said to start at the ignition switch/ not the key cyl. Switch is connected by a rod to the cyl and is down near the base of the steering column. Start switch is described in section 8A-30. Antitheft is 8A-133.

4 hours ago, Mlanes88 said:

You'll have to forgive me I'm using a handheld device in the voice recognizer does not always type my words as I speak them or like I speak them so forgive the typos and the spelled words but I hope you can still follow the thread

That explains why you have the record for the longest sentence ever posted in this forum.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...