Hydac Accumulator

Reattasteve

I ordered a new ABS Accumulator from Spinnningwheels-SC. They say they are out of stock. I put my order in and received it in 3 weeks. I was a little worried when I received it because it's about a 1/4 times bigger than OEM. I installed it yesterday, only took about 10 minutes and it works fine.

Just letting anyone know this is the best option. It cost me $171.00 which is alot better price than buying one from Saab.

Thanks for letting us know! This kind of info helps us all. 

Some people have reported having to shim the crossbrace a little by putting flat washers under it. Did you have to do that to get it to clear the top of the accumulator?

For some reason they always how them listed on their website as being "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" and you have to get on their list to order one. I guess they only order enough to fill orders they have in hand to avoid getting stuck with a bunch of them in stock that they can't sell.

Even though you have to wait a few weeks to get one, I think the Hydac accumulator from Spinning Wheels-SC is the best option for getting a NEW accumulator at a reasonable price. OR, you can take your chances with finding a good used one from a salvage yard.

No I didn't have to shim it or nothing. There is no allen wrench hole in the top, but there is a nut on the bottom, above the threading that I was able to use a needle nose lock wrench on it to make sure it was tight.