THE REATTA LOUNGE

Ronnie

Someone made the cover and an article in the Rock Auto digital news letter. Nicely done🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2021 at 9:11 AM, 2seater said:

Someone made the cover and an article in the Rock Auto digital news letter. Nicely done🙂

Thanks. I hadn't realized until I saw your post. Had to go check it out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Philbo said:

Incidentally, I just received a Rock Auto order and didn't get the coveted Reatta magnet😢

1 hour ago, 2seater said:

Incidentally, I just received a Rock Auto order and didn't get the coveted Reatta magnet😢

They are supposed to send me some and I have not gotten them yet so they may not be printed yet.  I have no idea how many they will send but if I have extras I will keep you all in mind.

6 hours ago, Philbo said:

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

Just  stoopid thought but if GM is having a chip shortage, why not recycle devices from previous generations. GM electronics have always been very robust though often a bit complex. Suspect part of the problem is relying on outside suppliers (Bosch, Siemens, Hitachi) for what was once done inhouse by Delco divisions. Relays can still be very effective where replaced by ICs.

Magnets came today! RA sent me a pretty decent stash. Setting aside a few for select friends and family but if any of you want one pm me your address and I will send one (while supplies last).

20211016_160320.jpg

Some time ago I commented that I was at Gibson's [my local You Pick] and once again there was a truck from Tidwell Tires located in Bon Aqua Tn. Spoke a little more to the guy and he said they come up about once a month for them. Two guys and a woman. They buy somewhere around 500-600 tires a trip

16 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Bon Aqua Tn

That's a new one on me. Never heard of it. I looked on the map and it is a little west of Nashville. I hardly every go past Nashville in that direction. That sure is a little place to be buying so many used tires. They must have connections in other places where they can sell them. I'll bet they clean them up and make them look like new and sell them for a good profit.

It also appears there may be another shop in Texas. At any rate it's a lot of tires on a monthly basis...

• Agree 1

As most of you know I drive my Reattas quite a bit. Today the Black turned 200,000 miles. I always think it pretty neat when all the digits on the odometer roll over. 

• Like 3

My daughter took this photo while on vacation in Baltimore this past weekend. I think it is cool.  When I first looked it I really thought there was a hole in the brick wall of the building but there isn't.

maryland mural-2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

On 10/16/2021 at 4:07 PM, Philbo said:

Magnets came today! RA sent me a pretty decent stash. Setting aside a few for select friends and family but if any of you want one pm me your address and I will send one (while supplies last).

I got my magnet today. It looks really nice. It is proudly displayed on my refrigerator. Thank you for sending it to me.

• Like 1

I have owned my '89 triple blue for ten years and she has been my garage queen since 2014 due to my coming down with cancer and there she sat with a car cover over her during the winters but coming off for the spring thru the fall.  What I found out the hard way is that I did not take her out on the road and stretch her rubber.  So from 2014 to 2021 she just sat in the garage, however, I did use STA-BIL in the tank and the fuel pump was corrupted with old fuel and the pump (which had less than 150 miles in operation) lost the ability to pump fuel and it cost me to replace it a couple of months ago.  I did go to a couple of car shows this summer even though she is a survivor and not a show stopper it is enjoyable to hear peoples response of this 2 seater.IMG_0351.thumb.jpg.91505b55ef940ad30139c0bc43176aa0.jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 89 MAUI said:

I did go to a couple of car shows this summer even though she is a survivor and not a show stopper it is enjoyable to hear peoples response of this 2 seater.

Glad to hear you get it out and drive it some. You have a nice looking Reatta. I will be driving mine some soon after a couple of months of sitting in the garage with a bad fuel pump.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I got my magnet today. It looks really nice. It is proudly displayed on my refrigerator. Thank you for sending it to me.

I received my magnet today and it looks great! I have it on my tool box at the top and right in the middle. Thank you

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

I have it on my tool box at the top and right in the middle.

Good idea Dave. I just moved mine from the refrigerator to my tool box.

Needing a new battery for my 2012 Chevy Equinox. It still has the original battery. Want to buy from Advance or Autozone because they are local. I don't have a Sam's club membership or anything like that.

Advance sells the Diehard for $179 and Autozone sells their Duralast Gold for the same money. Both have about the same specs and 3 yr warranty. Anyone had experience with either one?

Both stores sell AGM batteries. Are they worth another $130? Same warranty.