THE REATTA LOUNGE

Ronnie

Every now and again I experience a vendor that takes my cash, sends something else, and then just never gets around to sending what was advertised. Guess not much can be done particularly then the vendor claims it is a third party (non specified) vendor that is at fault. Has happened twice to me with Amazon. What is sent is not only rong but much cheaper than what was ordered. Last time they claimed a AC oil filter was not available (while still being advertised). Anyone else ?

I have had a couple instances, both with Amazon, where the product received didn’t match what was offered in the ad. Both were not fulfilled by Amazon but were selling via their marketplace so Amazon was little help. I contacted the actual vendor directly in both cases which ended up well and I actually came out ahead. One was a small Crosman bb/pellet gun for my grandson. I used Crosman’s help line to contact them to explain the ad didn’t match the product and I was informed it had been superseded by what I received. Two days later I received word from higher up the food chain that she had located a new old stock model that matched what I ordered and sent it to me free of charge plus I kept the original. The other turned out to be an Eastern European company that was marketing Diablo brand reciprocating saw blades in Amazon and I received 6” blades rather than 9” per the order. They were so concerned about a negative review they refunded my money, and sent the correct blades although I did return the incorrect ones. Most vendors on Amazon but not fulfilled by them are very sensitive of the reviews they receive. Just be firm and fair and contact them directly. Most will treat you fairly.

5 hours ago, Padgett said:

Guess not much can be done particularly then the vendor claims it is a third party (non specified) vendor that is at fault. Has happened twice to me with Amazon.

I've had a good experience with Amazon. I always check the box on the top left of the Amazon listings page that says "Free Shipping by Amazon" when I start viewing items. Then I look for "Free returns" below the price of the item. That assures you that you can return it to Amazon, no questions asked. I prefer the vendor to be Amazon but I have bought from other vendors after reading their reviews. I think the key to a good experience with Amazon is making sure you can return it directly to Amazon without dealing with an outside vendor if possible. 

Agree, make a lot of orders every year and have Prime. Problems seem to occur even when "shipped by Amazon" but a third party vendor is involved. Happens like once a year. Have something going on now with Woot (Amazon owned) and a third party. Ordered and card was charged on 15th. Rong (much cheaper) item received from vendor on 22nd. 24th "you will receive updated tracking information as soon as your item ships out." 28th  "working to find out the status of the replacements"  Nothing yet.

Edited by Padgett

If you use their online help desk I find they are usually helpful plus they often offer a monetary credit reward from $10-$15 to help soothe your aggravation.

Agree Amazon is great, Woot (Amazon owned) is not so. Still waiting on tracking number for $170 item ordered (and paid for) on 15th.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Riviera Owmers Association held their annual national meet June 8th - June 11th in Branson, MO.  Reading through comments from ROA members on the AACA forum, there seems to have been an outbreak of COVID by attendees once they got home.  After waiting three years to have a national meet because of COVID, the virus came back to bite.

• Sad 1

One reason I rarely leave my home anymore and wear a mask when I do. So far I liked the last century a whole lot better.

• Sad 1

I'm going to Dave McIntosh's talk Friday night in Lisle. I'm curious if people will mask up for it. Some vulnerable people might want to consider it. Is anybody else going?

18 hours ago, BlakesReatta said:

I'm going to Dave McIntosh's talk Friday night in Lisle. I'm curious if people will mask up for it. Some vulnerable people might want to consider it. Is anybody else going?

Skipping this year's BCA National and also next year's (WA too far away from MA).

• Like 1

Somebody in the Reatta Facebook group asked Marck if he was going to record it. He said he was but isn't sure yet how they are going to distribute it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today (7/24) I lost electricity at 2:30pm local time.   Outside temp is 91* with a Heat Advisory.  We are on our 6th day of a heat wave.  My Generac whole house generator kicked right in (whew) without any significant delay.  Luckily, the outage only lasted about half an hour.  Now I'm back on the grid and watching that meter whir like there's no tomorrow racking up my already astronomical electric bill! 

I got my electric bill yesterday. $256. Highest one I've got in 18 years of living here. It has been record setting heat here the last few weeks. If my power went off I guess I would sleep in the back of my Equinox with the AC on. 🙂 

• Haha 1

Yeh, my bill was $255 and change...highest ever since I bought my present house in 1993.  I wonder what our Social Security checks will look like come January 2023 (?).

22 minutes ago, ship said:

I wonder what our Social Security checks will look like come January 2023 (?).

They might look a little bit bigger but they will be worth considerably less than they were in 1993. Inflation has eaten away our SS check and raises aren't going to catch them back up. My father once told me about my grandfather getting his first Old Age Pension check for $13.55. He  said my grandfather told him giving away that kind of money would break the country. I wouldn't be surprised if that $13.55 didn't buy more than our SS check buys now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1