Big project this spring

DAVES89

Found one out of an '89 Riv. I first looked at an '88 Riv but that wouldn't work as it didn't have the electrical lead on it. The '89 mdid have the lead and is now in my back stock waiting for the next break.

Didn't want to start another post for this. I was sitting in the back end of a Ford dealership using their free internet while waiting for my next appointment [work related not car repair]. It was 5:00 pm when I saw an older mechanic walk up to me. I rolled down my window expecting to get chewed out for parking in the employee parking area when he said "You know I haven't seen one of these in years, how long have you owned it"? I told him I was starting on my 11th year and that I bought it from a guy in Florida and use it for my summer driver. He cautioned me to take care of it and get it into storage soon. I thanked him and he walked off leaving me to my computer...

He cautioned me to take care of it and get it into storage soon. I thanked him and he walked off leaving me to my computer...

The Reatta is a very rare and underappreciated automobile.

One of the clients I met yeterday had just purchased a 1941 Mecury that was used [documented] in the movie "Bugsy". It also is believed to have been owned at one time by Gary Cooper. There are pictures of Gary in a car that matches this one perfectly [black 12 cylinder 3 speed manual transmission with Red leather interior] but records have been lost.

It is a beautiful car. The chrome and leather is perfect the paint almost so. A stunning car.

• 2 months later...

I wanted to bring this back up for anyone coming over from the AACA Reatta Forum.

Thanks for posting it over there Dave. I thought that post fit right in with the conversation.

• 2 years later...

Here is another project 2seater and I got involved with. This time he let me keep my car!

• 7 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 6:43 PM, DAVES89 said:

Here is another project 2seater and I got involved with. This time he let me keep my car!

Still have it. Just drove it from Appleton, Wi to Brownsville, Tx. Never a hiccup...

• Like 1