Cold Reatta

Posti

We got a major blizzard here in Norfolk - very rare for us to get heavy snow, and this piled up maybe a foot.  Understand that 1 inch is enough to close schools here.  My small pickup truck has terrible traction in snow, so I decided to use the Reatta for travel, trusting the FWD, wide track, and four-wheel disc brakes to do a better job.  Of course, I will have to clear the snow off first.

reatta_snow_800.jpg.fccfb7f5ae042aee05cab28e9b7f896e.jpg

• Like 1

The Reatta is an excellent winter driver. I have been using the Black for 7 winters never got stuck. 3 years ago I bought winter radials and put them on an extra set of Reatta rims I had.

mine is doing well since i canged the brake pump , I see Ronnie is going to disable the forums and so sorry to hear that.

The Reatta was terrific in the bad weather - I simply drove out of the driveway and down the iced-over street with slipping or drama.  I used it to go out to my parents' and to work today - most of the roads other than the Interstate are still iced over pretty bad.  One curious issue - the car gave me a Low Oil warning this morning, but it was only a half-quart down.  I guess the 20-degree weather confused the sensor.  I added the half-quart and did not get the warning again.  I think that was more due to oil flow than adding the half-quart.  Anyway, the car is starting right up and driving well on bad roads.

The Reatta has an oil level sensor in the oil pan as well as the oil pressure sender. I don't know at what point the oil level sensor is triggered but 1/2 quart low might do it.

On both the Red and Black the oil level trips at 1/2 quart down. When it trips I know I need to change oil when the odometer gets to the next 1000 miles. No need for a "reminder" sticker.

At times when I park mine on an incline for a day when I go to start it the low oil will light up. The sensor is very sensitive...LOL

• Ronnie featured this topic