Headlights/ Warning Lights

Nailhed66

Driving the car with the headlights turned on for the first time and the high beam indicator light and battery warning light began blinking on and off simultaneously. I am guessing it’s trying to tell me about the diode that I still need to replace. Headlights are still a work in progress. I installed rebuilt motors from East Coast Reatta Parts after trimming the protective flap that was causing one to get jammed, but still no motor action. Included with the motors was a replacement diode which is thought to be the issue as the headlights do light up when the switch is turned on. Any  opinions ?

You should check with East Coast Reatta Parts. If they sold you new motors they should help you make them work.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

You should check with East Coast Reatta Parts. If they sold you new motors they should help you make them work.

They have been very helpful with troubleshooting the headlights, I was just wondering about the warning lights blinking 

13 hours ago, Nailhed66 said:

Driving the car with the headlights turned on for the first time and the high beam indicator light and battery warning light began blinking on and off simultaneously. I am guessing it’s trying to tell me about the diode that I still need to replace.

I don't see how the diode could cause that but you should change it to see if it fixes the problem. Does this happen only when the high beams are turned on?  or anytime the headlights are turned on?

Sounds to me like an overload or short in the circuit opening then resetting a breaker. Like a low battery can make a solenoid go click-click-click...

Edited by Padgett
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks for the responses. The warning lights blinking occurred with low beams and fogs on. More investigation is needed and of course there is a parasitic battery drain…

With everything shut down the quiescent drain should be 20-30 ma. Spec is "under 50 ma".