1990 Reatta: Fuel Door “Latch Pin” Replacement

BRD

Would like to replace the rusted “latch pin” on my 1990 Reatta fuel door.  I put this term in quotes because I have no idea what the exact name for this is – or what it is supposed to look like.  Can any member please share an image of what the stock part/system is supposed to look like?  Attached photo of my current rusted fuel door latch pin below.  Trying to fix before this piece breaks from rust wear. 

Thanks!

BRD

Fuel Door Latch Pin.JPG

That’s what I’m also trying to figure out.  I’m the original/only owner of this car since 1990, and did not do this myself.  My best guess is this happened when a certain mechanic (several years ago) was trying to open the fuel door and had no idea how to access.  So – instead of simply contacting me to ask – they just pried it open (breaking the original part) and then put some wire on it as a fix (hoping I would not notice at the time).  So, I am trying to figure out how it should look/operate and fix.

Yeah, someone broke it and did a down and dirty repair. The good news is it appears that you might could change just that part of the latch by removing one screw. You might have to buy the whole door to get the part. Check with Jim Finn reattas60@gmail.com

SAM_4322.JPG

SAM_4324.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Ronnie - really appreciate you taking the time and photos!   Will check with Jim.

• Like 3