Do you use Facebook? Please respond.

Ronnie

Trying to figure out how many of our forum members use Facebook. Please respond.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Facebook to find information about the Buick Reatta?

I've been asked to create a Reatta Owners Journal group on Facebook. I'm trying to decide if that would be useful to get more Reatta owners to come here that don't already know about ROJ.  A ROJ Facebook group would NOT be a replacement for this website. Please help me out by answering yes or no.

So far, 2 out of 3 not on Facebook. This could change, of course, but looks like the average age of ownership group is still behind the times - me included. 

I left facebook recently but used to be on there.  Just needed less social media in my life.  There was a reatta group on there that seemed to get decent traffic. If not start an ROJ facebook group, maybe you could get plugged into that group and have more of a presence. I would always try to point people here whenever I could from that group.

I don’t use Facebook for Reatta information, at least in a general sense, but I do look to see what is going on. There are some good knowledgeable people there but also a boatload of new, or much less experienced, as well, pretty much as you would expect.

Every once in a great while, I use my wife's Facebook account just to read what's going on within the Reatta Facebook community.  I do agree that the majority of the participants are very much non-mechanically experienced individuals.

I find this forum, Ronnie's forum, the forum to read. 

• Like 1

There are 2 FB pages that i use for the Buick Reatta and they get 100 times the traffic of this site. I visit them both everyday. Watch and see how many votes accumulate here. I'd say less than 15.

Edited by Tallicat
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tallicat said:

There are 2 FB pages that i use for the Buick Reatta and they get 100 times the traffic of this site. I visit them both everyday. Watch and see how many votes accumulate here. I'd say less than 15.

If that is the case what brought you here and what is here that keeps you coming back? I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way. I would really like to know what people like about this site and what they don't. 

From what I see a lot of new members come here seeking help with their Reatta that was hard to find on other websites. Once they get the help they need they are gone until another problem pops up, or they just don't come back at all. Was that the case when you joined ROJ?

I do not do Facebook, no interest. I do however use Ronnie's site first and then the BCA/Reatta site.

While I don't care for the layout of the Facebook experience, I do see the value in reaching the widest audience. I have seen much evidence of people on Facebook directing people to this site and to the AACA to a lesser extent, primarily for the excellent repair and tutorial section of this site. I certainly see crossover names and duplicate posts on all three sites actually. I don't know if that is productive or not, but it shows me there is an audience looking for answers and a wide net is good, even though conflicting answers will likely result. In the general sense, I think Facebook seems to have more preservationist types, which is a bit of a surprise, more like the AACA. Maybe update the tech but keep the original vibe? This is a more technical site in my estimation and my favorite. Many of the Facebooker's may have inherited Grandpa's or dads car and want to restore such. Almost all are running the stock wheels, which many of us disdain, so it does make me scratch my bald head?

How's that for a non-answer?

Edited by 2seater

I do bounce back and forth between the AACA site and Ronnie's site since I hold AACA, BCA National, BCA Minuteman Chapter, BCA Reatta Division, and ROA memberships.

Everything is organized on here, easy to find things. I don't care too much for Facebook either.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/14/2021 at 10:11 AM, Ronnie said:

If that is the case what brought you here and what is here that keeps you coming back? I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way. I would really like to know what people like about this site and what they don't. 

From what I see a lot of new members come here seeking help with their Reatta that was hard to find on other websites. Once they get the help they need they are gone until another problem pops up, or they just don't come back at all. Was that the case when you joined ROJ?

I found this site first, before I stumbled on the 2 Facebook sites (I'm sure there are more). This site is good for many "how to's" and instructional help but it seems only a handful of folks frequent it often. The Facebook sites have many many folks that visit and post daily.

2 hours ago, Tallicat said:

I found this site first, before I stumbled on the 2 Facebook sites (I'm sure there are more). This site is good for many "how to's" and instructional help but it seems only a handful of folks frequent it often. The Facebook sites have many many folks that visit and post daily.

I can understand your point. Everybody likes to go where the party is. From my experience you rarely get good advice at a party. I guess that is the reason people stop in here from time to time. The handful of folks here may not throw a good party but we do give good advice.

I frequent both facebook pages daily. One is called "the Buick Reatta" and the other "Buick Reatta Owners (and enthusiasts)". Plenty of traffic daily (especially on the latter). I direct many of them to here to roj.

43 minutes ago, Bertimus said:

I frequent both facebook pages daily. One is called "the Buick Reatta" and the other "Buick Reatta Owners (and enthusiasts)". Plenty of traffic daily (especially on the latter). I direct many of them to here to roj.

I visit the first group you mentioned. I'm not allowed to join the other one.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I visit the first group you mentioned. I'm not allowed to join the other one.

What does that mean you are not allowed? Must be some sort of ban involved?

• Sad 1

Actually, I found my Reatta on facebook market place.  Once I had decided to buy it, I went to the AACA site and was told to come here.  I totally agree that this is the best of them all.  Everyone here has been very patient with my questions.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for your input. I've decided there won't be a ROJ Facebook group. I don't think it would accomplish what I thought it might accomplish. My goal for a ROJ Facebook group would not be to attract more traffic to ROJ or take members away from other Facebook groups. The goal would have been to let more people on Facebook know about the How-to guides and other information that can be found here on ROJ. Although ROJ may not be as popular as Facebook, I take pride in knowing it has helped a lot of Reatta owners over the years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3