The forgotten Buick

Ronnie

Interesting that reviews continue to surface after all this time, slowly getting more favorable. I don't know that publication but could certainly use a proof reader, and maybe a little more accurate research. The accompanying photo not matching the text is another minor blot but good to see a semi-thumbs up.

Yeah. I just stumbled across it when doing a search and posted it because I liked the caption "The Reatta Is The Coolest Affordable Buick You Forgot About". You don't see Coolest associated with Reattas too often. ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think they are awesome! I didn't even know about them for a long time, even though I've always liked buicks in general. I came across one in like museum shape on ebay and thought "I need one of those!" Found one on facebook marketplace that needed some work for much much less. That's more my style lol. All of my vehicles are "rescue cars". I guess I don't mind doing the mundane repairs that most people either don't want to deal with or don't want to pay someone to deal with. Plus I kind of find fulfillment in taking older cars that someone doesn't want and fixing it up into a useful (and maybe even enjoyable) vehicle again. 

• Like 3

Hi Philbo. 

I understand what you're saying about restoring something, preserving it for future generations and having a lot of fun in the process.  That's why I'm intrigued about the slightly damaged '89 I posted about.  I'm pretty sure I can perform the needed repairs, just unsure at the the extent of the damage and the cost of parts and don't really want a disabled auto sitting around.  I'm also a purest, strongly preferring keeping it original.

I only have two possibilities available that I can afford so far but plan on letting them simmer on the back burner until spring while I learn more about the Reatta and it's quirks.

Once again, I truly appreciate your advice as well as everyone else here.  As they used to say at Packard, "Ask the man who owns one!"

32 minutes ago, fun car guy said:

I'm pretty sure I can perform the needed repairs, just unsure at the the extent of the damage and the cost of parts and don't really want a disabled auto sitting around.

If you really want this car and you are able to fix the problems, contact Jim Finn reattas60@gmail.com and ask him what the parts would cost. He probably has the parts you need but keep in mind the cost of shipping large parts can get expensive. Jim has sold used Reatta parts for years. I have bought parts from him and I have found him to be reasonable on his parts.

• Like 1