Buick reatta code E021

Alain

hello   Ronnie you think it could be the fuel pump  .alright  i ll check that  too thank you very much... have a good day

It could be a lot of other things too like an Ignition control module or crankshaft position sensor. It's best to start with the things that are easy to check first like fuel pressure.

BTW, the camshaft sensor won't make the engine die like that so you can rule it out.

• Agree 1

ok  so  fuel test  and  rule out   the cam sensor, for the IAC can't be that ,     so next step after will  be  the  crankshaft sensor right  and ignition control,thanks

33 minutes ago, Alain said:

for the IAC can't be that

If you suspect the IAC, just hold the throttle down a little and see if it still dies. If it dies the IAC isn't likely to be causing the problem.

• Agree 1

I'm mesmerized by the discussion here. I don't know what any of it means and I'm not getting any codes requiring trouble shooting. Thankfully, Ronnie's input and insight into all things Reatta is a godsend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Hello  Ronnie!  sorry  if i make you confuse,im french  i speak english but may be my  english writting is not too good. i was saying if i understand you that the IAC and the camshaft sensor could not be the fault of  an engine dying , but the pressure pump  could be  and the crankshaft sensor. okay  ill check that too,thank  you. have a good day

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  Ronnie  its  me again.  Did have time to work  on the car ,did  this morning to find out i have  no spark  to the spark  plug   i think the tps is fine  testing it  so is it the ignition control module or  the crank sensor  you think 

17 minutes ago, Alain said:

so is it the ignition control module or  the crank sensor  you think

Could be either one. Ignition problems won't set a code in diagnostics. Swapping parts is the easiest way to troubleshoot if you have spare parts. I would start with the ICM because it is much easier to change. Check all fuses before changing any parts.

hello  Ronnie   okay  .is there special  fuse  i think  the fuse number 8  if im right  others fuses  to check thanks ill do  that i will find my weay to fix it i dont give up  thank you

44 minutes ago, Alain said:

hello  Ronnie   okay  .is there special  fuse  i think  the fuse number 8  if im right  others fuses  to check thanks ill do  that i will find my weay to fix it i dont give up  thank you

Yes, fuse #8 (CCCI) powers the ignition coils. It is in the hidden fuse panel on the passenger side of the console. It's not likely to be bad unless you have shorted something out but it is possible it could be blown. That is the only one I can think of that would prevent spark at the plugs.

hidden_fuses_breakers_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hello  there  Ronnie  i want to thank  you  for all your patience help and  information. late entry sorry , just to tell you  i  finally fixed  the car.I change the crank sensor,i think it was good but its done  and even if i change last year the  coil ignition, there were still a problem  it was  not working again i also had a fuse ignition in the engine bay blow  now the car doesnt stop anymore running  fine working  ,thank you very much, as i dont have anyone here around  Quebec who own  a buick reatta ,hard for me to  have help of someone who know all the car, its a really good site  here  have a good day:)

• Like 2