1990 New Owner

Tim

What a wonderful site here, bought a 1990 convertible in driftwood from a friends widow in August, got it just in time, mice started on underdash and console wiring but its all back and driving now and just purchased a 90 coupe thats pretty nice, but very rusty underneath, ripped lower control arm off subframe so lots of good parts and a good drivetrain. Looking on this site is like a shortcut thru the service manual.

DSC01495 (1).JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi;, Welcome to the club.  My Reattas are all coupes, your convertible lloks mice.  What did you pay for this beauty.  How many miles, etc.  I am not on here often, but came on to see what cars are abailable as a friend is considrering taking the Reatta leap.

Hi, I probably overpaid a little but underneath is rust free, and looking thru the owners book it came out of Arizona, 71,000 mi  and only 200 in the last 6yrs. can't wait till springtime to start driving. The manual top surprised me, I'm sure that hurt sales.

I think its a lot more fun to drive one than to fix one.  FYI after a few months of effort, I finally got mine to be dependable by replacing the engine control computer.  After repairing the ground points near the battery, and replacing the ignition control computer, it would still conk out going down the road.  Loss of power steering almost caused the loss of the car   on one corner.

Its worth it to have a parts car laying around. Also for everyone out there, I have a 1992 Mitchell's collision manual which shows a lot of part numbers, If anyone needs something I'll try to help

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Tim said:

Its worth it to have a parts car laying around. Also for everyone out there, I have a 1992 Mitchell's collision manual which shows a lot of part numbers, If anyone needs something I'll try to help

Thanks Tim.

• Like 1

I'm new to the ROJ though I've owned my 89 Reatta for more than 15 years.  However, last week the drivers side door handle broke off. My local Buick dealer advised that he is unable to find a replacement. I'm about to send out a post asking if anyone has any knowledge about after market replacement of an exterior door handle (for drivers side), or, possibly another model interchangeability, etc. However, I note that you indicated that you have a "parts car", and wonder if you have considered making any of the parts available to others?

Just to follow up - I posted in the Forum under exterior door handle, heard from Ronnie who directed me to Jim Finn, and I've ordered a replacement door handle from him.