88 Reatta dash buttons/shifter don't illuminate

Bertimus

Hi Reatta Community!

I notice when I turn my car on at night (and the ECC displays the "Reatta" logo) all the dash buttons/controls/and shifter illuminate in that typical green glow fashion but then turn off after a few seconds. This makes it nearly impossible to see the controls or shifter at night. How does one keep the green glow on for night driving? Am I missing something or is there something wrong with my sliding dimmer or photocell? Any thoughts/wisdom/recommendations are greatly appreciated ??

Edited by Bertimus

• Bertimus changed the title to 88 Reatta dash buttons/shifter don't illuminate

I ran into this problem years ago when I got my first Reatta. I would get "the Show" [when all the buttons would light up, the car did the self check, and the Reatta logo would come on] but wouldn't light up at dark during normal driving. At the time I wasn't very knowledgeable about these cars, but because the car lite up during "the Show" I was pretty sure it wasn't the inverters, so for me it was replacing the photocell.

If you go into the dash be sure you make the "tool" needed for removing the dash pad, or you will be back asking about where do get a new dash. The instructions are found in the "How To" section on the top of this website. Look around and you will see what the owners of Reattas and Ronnie have done for you.

• Like 1