Trunk Remote Operation

Posti

I have tried several different remotes with my 1989 Reatta - the equivalent Cadillac remote and the new replacement remotes available through the Reatta Store.  When coded in, they lock and unlock the car, but do not operate the trunk.  Is this a flaw in the remotes or is there some security setting that prevents the remote from opening the trunk?

I use the Cadillac remotes on my car. The neat thing is that the two programmed remotes operate all 3 cars. It is a symphany of "clicks" when I go in the garage and use my remotes to unlock the trunk when all 3 cars are there.

I would be willing to bet you have a ground issue in the trunk.

The trunk button in the glovebox and key switch both work fine. The wiring is undamaged as far as I can tell. The Cadillac remote works the door locks fine, but nothing else. Same for the new replacement. The original remote does not work at all.

According to the FSM, the trunk release feature is disabled while the gear selector is NOT in Park and the ignition is on. Perhaps the signal from the transmission position switch isn't being received by the keyless entry module? Make sure fuse #3 (keyless entry fuse) is good as it appears to power the trunk release portion of the keyless entry system.