Hit a deer

Reatta 89

Sorry to hear about you hitting the deer. I hit one once. I was lucky enough that someone in front of me hit it first and my Reatta just went right over the top of it. Only damage was a lot of deer hair under the car. I was very lucky.

I can't tell much from the photo but it looks like you might get by with just a headlight. Is the hood and fender still good?

• Like 1

No Ronnie, the fender took a hit as well. But the nice thing is that all the parts are at Gibson's. Just have to paint out the headlight bucket and fender as there are only White and Red Reattas out there. I think the hood is good though...

• Thanks 1

He is weighing his options right now, so I should not speak out of turn. The hood is bent also. The only reason it happened is the weather turned 180* and we had a week of record warmth for November after the previous week where it was cold, windy and snow showers. Time for a final trip, but coming home from the cottage, in the twilight and dark through two of the top producing deer counties in the state, bad things can happen.

3 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Please keep us [or me] in the loop. I [we] are really interested.

It was scheduled for a winter hibernation so what will happen will likely be slow. My son felt so bad it was two days before he told me about it?

• Like 1