Barn Find?!?!?!

Belair0419

I am brand new to the forum but feel like I found the holy grail. Drove home last night a 1990 White convertible with Red interior. 

It is the car featured on Ryan Glick's Sinister performance site. It has an LN32 Series 3 Supercharged engine very very professionally done. 

The owner became very ill during the project and that combined with his weight prevented him from driving it. Still as a lifelong GM purveyor

accomplished his Dream car with his favorite car and his favorite engine. Many other modifications and maintenance were done by Ryan while he had it. 

It had covered only 325 miles since it left his shop over several years. I drove it 200 miles home and it is a dream. The estimated 300hp at the crank now obviously 

wakes the car up but drives splendidly with a nice idle quality in normal driving . The work looks of very high quality and factory.

Ahhh what the car was destined for. Will follow with more info but it is as seen on Sinister Performance/ GM tuner under customer's cars. 

Lots of little issues to attend to that seem common but I am a very happy man this morning. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car! I look forward to hearing more about it. We have a member here with a turbocharged Reatta who knows a lot about the 3800 engine. I'm sure you will get lots of help with any problems that pop up.

• Like 1

Thanks Ronnie. Actually just moved back outside of Nashville from 8 years in Knoxville. Appreciate the help. All the major things are in great order, but little details of common problems need to be addressed. 

1st squawk list 

One headlight lift inop

Cables to tonneau release broken and missing

Truck actuator and latch

Power seat on drivers side ( at least ) inop

Power antenna

Passenger window lift slllloooowww.

No working interior lighting

Engine bay fuse relay cover

These are just the top of my head things. 

Heart of the beast. Very factory like. All the suspension was renewed along with brakes, working 134 A/C. mandrel bent 2 1/2 exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, etc.

IMG_0077.jpg

• Like 2

It looks like it means business for sure. I have seen Ryan's work before on his own Fiero at the GS Nationals, and you have a rare combination there. I look forward to seeing your progress on the little things and if you need help, you are in the right place. ?

On 11/6/2020 at 1:56 PM, Belair0419 said:

Thanks Ronnie. Actually just moved back outside of Nashville from 8 years in Knoxville. Appreciate the help. All the major things are in great order, but little details of common problems need to be addressed. 

1st squawk list 

One headlight lift inop

Cables to tonneau release broken and missing

Truck actuator and latch

Power seat on drivers side ( at least ) inop

Power antenna

Passenger window lift slllloooowww.

No working interior lighting

Engine bay fuse relay cover

These are just the top of my head things. 

Sounds like a beat up old car ready for the junk pile. I'll give you twice what you paid for it just to get it off your hands. We're pretty generous guys here, always looking to help someone out.

Actually while it does have some issues they are easily correctible and with that drive train set up you have really got a very exclusive car there.

Good luck with it!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So let's see if I paid $10K then your offer is $20K. Hmmm. Let me consider it......OK considered I will take it.

Hahaha. Now we are just bogged down in details. Now that some reality has set in I probably would entertain a reasonable offer. 

I just had to have it! At this time in my life I really don't have a good place to put it inside. Also time to get all those little things done. 

You guys would probably have a better idea of a value than I would. 

Sorry while I really wanted to do what you have, the last thing I need is another Reatta. Just 6 months ago I had 5 of them and am now down to 3. And if 2seaters [he bought the two I was trying to get rid of] son decides my old Reatta isn't worth fixing I would entertain selling him my winter Black. That would get me down to two and is a real working number as then everything fits in the garage...

Edited by DAVES89
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well without a place to store it. I decided to list it on Ebay. Bringatrailer rejected it but the rejected a really nice 1985 Mercedes 300TD coupe I submitted before. 

I spent some time dolling her up a bit and looks nice. We will see how she does. 

I get the impression this was a car flipping deal from the start. Too bad, it would have been a welcome addition to the community but as a long term owner, this is very disappointing.?

• Like 1

Not really that. It was a save I think. I happened to see it on Facebook and researched it. It was sitting outside with an owner that really didn't care or it and really never driven. I put the reserve  exactly what I have in it.

I have no place to store it so just trying to get it in good hands. I love the way it drives and probably won't be the last Reatta I get. That said I hope profit is not a dirty word in todays world. I feel it is worth every bit of the Buy-it-now

price. Publicity for the cars given a lot of naysayers should be good for the community.

12 hours ago, 2seater said:

I get the impression this was a car flipping deal from the start. Too bad, it would have been a welcome addition to the community but as a long term owner, this is very disappointing.?

Maybe the next owner will be a long term owner and a good addition to the forum.

In my opinion two things wrong with the car. It should be a 1989 and it should be Red/Tan. Then I would be interested...

Okay the reserve is there, but it is still sitting at $4,7xx with 25 hours to go. While it has a couple of minor issues, I am surprised there has not been more activity on it. It may not be worth the reserve, I believe it is worth more then what has been bid. 

• Like 1

Probably true Dave. It would be an interesting car to have but I have enough projects in the garage now.