88-89 Reatta Window Switch Substitute?

Posti

I picked up a window switch for the Reatta that uses standard dual toggle-type switches in a black plastic bracket that is the same size and shape of the original Reatta switch.  The switch assembly is available new for under $20, but the outer case is not something I have ever seen before.  Ronnie thought it might be from an Olds Cutlass.  Anyone recognize the substitute?  I'd like to look for a better outer case, though from a distance the one I have is not too bad.  I touched up some white spots on the edges with magic marker.

Reatta_switches.jpg.bfb47eba925864f5099baa4e3ec72279.jpg

That looks similar in design and layout as the switch I've seen that was used before.  The one I saw (on the forum I believe) was all chrome. The switch you show looks like it will blend in much better than the chrome one would. I think you have found a better replacement if it will fit in the console and operate properly. I hope we can find out what it came out of. Dave might know or be able to find out . He's a junk yard junkie. :)

That is a switch out of a 1990-93 Riviera. I was the one that sent that to Bob. I looked at it before sending it and thought to myself "What is wrong with this switch"?

But if it fits use it...

I think this is one of the switches that was reported to work. Take a look at the photos of the back of the switch and see if they look like they would plug into the Reatta harness.

I think the black one looks much better if it will fit and work properly.

The switch assembly itself was used by dozens of GM cars in the 1970s-1980s. The outer case they fit into is much more limited. I did find one in a 1990 Riviera, and another in 1991 Toronado,. I plan to experiment with the worst and see what I can do to create a new label. I have a new switch assembly coming.