'91 New Suspension @ 108.2K Miles

ship

Had the '91 in the shop local to me today for new struts/shocks and mounts, links and sway bar bushings....including a front end alignment.  Rear shocks looked like they were the originals (108.2K miles on them!).  Sucker drives like a charm, now.  Will be put into storage in the next couple of weeks and hibernate until next Spring/April.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

I'm jealous!

Other than a repaint of the original white exterior and the hand painted pin stripe both applied in 2013, I've haven't spent any other real serious monies on the Reatta until this year...tranny maintenance service and now the suspension. 

• Like 1

Ship:  would you be willing to share part numbers for your recent suspension upgrade?  I would like to follow your lead! 

5 hours ago, Nittany said:

Ship:  would you be willing to share part numbers for your recent suspension upgrade?  I would like to follow your lead! 

The only part numbers I have are on the invoice/receipt that the shop mechanic handed to me at the completion of the service.  Hope this helps.  They are:

Front struts MON71854

Front mounts MON902971

Front links MOGK5334

Rear struts MON71966

Rear mounts MON902965

What shop? Do you have a detail parts list? I would be willing to spend a few days in town to have mine done.

Thanks

RJ

91 Reatta.jpg

Edited by RemSteele

What I provided in the reply above is the parts list...two of each part listed.  MON = Monroe, MOG = Moog, both very well known suspension vendors.  I'm sure a local mechanic near you in NJ can handle installing struts and mounts.  Google Monroe, or Firestone, or Sullivan Tire, or related suspension/tire shops/topics (??) for your area. 

Edited by ship
  • Agree 1

Ship,

Thanks so much for the parts list - it seems very complete and with the best parts available for our 30 year old Reattas!

RemSteele - I second what Ship and Ronnie have shared . . . this work does not need to be done at a dealership, in fact you are better served by going to a reputable mechanic or shop who understands basic GM and you have a trust level or at a least a good referral.  
By the way, I really like your red Reatta!  Nice pic!

Edited by Nittany
  • Thanks 1

Those Monroe strut part numbers seem to be the same part number for Monroe Sensa-Trac struts like I installed on my Reatta.  They have just changed the name of the struts to OESpectrum. They are very good struts.

• Agree 1

Thanks for the comment. I can't take credit, my buddy snapped it after a failed attempt to grease the window tracks. My current and recent cars are late 80's BMW's. On the search  for a good GM guy. After a closer look I think my problem is sub frame bushing. It's a steady rumble and no movement in the steering at all. Wish me luck as it appears to be a big job.

RJ