Slow window lifts

RemSteele

Hi team,

Please help me to understand if the solution is motor replacement. Right tinted window very slow opening and closing. Left  tinted  window will stop and start to complete process. What's the repair?

Thanks Reatta team

RJ

First step is to spray some silicon spray or WD40 in between the channel where the glass runs up and down. It can make quite a difference in how the windows operate. In my opinion the Reatta window motors aren't overly powerful even when new. If that doesn't help you may have to remove the door panels to get at the window channels better and/or replace the motors.

• Agree 1

Thanks for the reply. Kinda made mess trying to spray the window tracks. Going to plan day to remove the panels.

• 2 weeks later...

Concerned. I was able to remove door panel with better access to window track. Not good results. window lifts remain slow (stops sometimes). 

What am I missing?

Thanks

RJ

I don't know. There is supposed to be a spring on the window mechanism that helps compensate for the weight of the window glass. It would be odd for both windows to have a problem with the spring but that is all I can think of unless both motors are bad.

True that the Reatta windows aren't fast movers to start with but if they actually stop, is there any sound that accompanies that? Is the passengers window being operated from the passengers door? If so, it is very odd to have two motors go bad at the same time. Having found broken wires in the hinge areas of three different cars, always the drivers side, I would check for proper power and ground. 

Team,

Thanks for the response. Rainy weather today has prevented me from testing them. As luck would have it. My headlight (left) decided to fail. On the fence on rebuild or purchase remanufactured.

Any advice?

Thanks,

RJ

1 hour ago, RemSteele said:

As luck would have it. My headlight (left) decided to fail. On the fence on rebuild or purchase remanufactured.

Any advice?

Contact Barney Eaton. He offers the headlight repair kits and I believe he has rebuilt motors at a good price.  barney@texas.net  Tell him Ronnie sent you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks for getting back to me. Just saw this, in my rush I grabbed one off of Ebay. I think the right is going by the noise it's making when opening. I'll be sure to reach out to your guy as l would like to try to rebuild the next one.

Thanks,

RJ