CRT "bouncing" at highway speeds

pbtexan

Been using my 89 to commute to work the last couple of days! 22 miles each direction.  While on the expressway sections - 65 to 75 mph - I notice the CRT screen "bouncing around" a little, instead of being "locked in one position".  It's almost like it's got a shock absorber or a gyro-stabilizer inside it.  Not shaking from one side to the other, just a little floating or bouncing.

Is this normal, or a sign of trouble?

Also have a lot of radio cracking and it appears only the RT REAR speaker is working (just moving the balance and fader around to see where the noise goes--- nothing from front or left rear speakers).

I read the diagnostics on changing the radio and it mentions the capacitor replacement... i think that's outside my skill level now.

So, is it a speaker problem or a radio problem?

thanks 

Paul

The capacitors are probably bad and should be replaced. You can send the radio out for repairs. The CRT should "bounce around" so it is warning you that it is on its way out.

18 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

The capacitors are probably bad and should be replaced. You can send the radio out for repairs. The CRT should "bounce around" so it is warning you that it is on its way out.

Thanks Daves 89.... you mean the CRT should Not bounce around, right?

I sent an email to you Monday this week regarding some parts you have available.   The CRT, and Delco Ignition module and Coil pack.

It was from pbensontexan, so whenever you get a chance, send me an email about these.  Looks like I may be needing the CRT sooner than later !

thanks !

You should try again on the e mail as I didn't see/get it.

lemke1044@aol.com