What should we do?

Ronnie

I'm happy to know you guys find the information on ROJ useful. I have no plans to shut down ROJ as long as the website is being used. Seeing people posting on the forum is what motivates me to keep it going and improve it.

I appreciate any donations I get. Donations have dwindled to almost nothing since Reatta fans have moved from forums to Facebook to discuss their Reattas.  Donations have never fully covered the cost to keep ROJ going but they do help. I have never expected ROJ to be a money maker so I don't mind paying all the fees myself to keep ROJ going as long as I know it is helping someone solve their Reatta problems.

I'm taking a break from facebook (and social media in general). Just about the only thing I miss about it is the Reatta group honestly. 

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Ronnie,

I truly agree with all of the postings above me.  I do appreciate all you do and I am willing to chip in towards the cost.

I guess I am unsure what forum would be the best place for me to bring up problems, such as emergency brake not working on my '91? And my electrical problem, the yellow light is always on while the air bag light flashes off and on  intermittently. Other than that, I have had no problems over the past year with this car, now at 60,000 miles.

26 minutes ago, Eclectic said:

Dear Ronnie,

I truly agree with all of the postings above me.  I do appreciate all you do and I am willing to chip in towards the cost.

I guess I am unsure what forum would be the best place for me to bring up problems, such as emergency brake not working on my '91? And my electrical problem, the yellow light is always on while the air bag light flashes off and on  intermittently. Other than that, I have had no problems over the past year with this car, now at 60,000 miles.

Thanks for your kind words. I'm happy you are on the forum. Just click on the blue "Start New Topic" button and post whatever questions or comments you have about your Reatta. I suggest a new topic for each problem. That makes it less confusing than posting several problems all at once in one post.

• Like 1

Ronnie,

PLEASE don't pull the plug on this priceless resource!  I know interest in the Reatta is still inexplicably still low but I, like all here on the forum, find them attractive and fascinating and I honestly feel the interest in them will grow as time passes and fewer of them exist.  More people like myself will discover them and will need the information and encouragement you and the other members have given me as I search for mine and I know I'll continue to need.  Sure, anyone can supply text and diagrams, cold facts but it's the comradery and encouragement of others when dealing with problems that only a live community like the one you all supply, the connection and sharing of our experiences.

As time passes, just as has happened with so many other desirable cars once dismissed but now considered priceless, interest will gradually grow and the numbers of available running examples will shrink through attrition, especially those like the Reatta, of very low production.  Just look at what has happened with the Datsun Z!  The rarity factor alone will build interest and values until guys like me of limited resource will be priced out of the market. 

I feel very fortunate to be in on the ground floor, to find this forum and to finally find something to enjoy and eventually pass on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fun car guy said:

PLEASE don't pull the plug on this priceless resource! 

Thanks. I have no plans to pull the plug. I also enjoy the comradery and us sharing our experiences and helping each other. When people are posting on the forum it encourages me to keep ROJ going.

I'm proud to report that I am now a  first time Reatta owner!  It's as clean and straight as advertised.  Only issue is the leaking brake caliper but the seller says it's the one on the left side and the reservoir is dry so I'm still hoping it's just an inexperienced mechanic trying to fill it the wrong way.  Thanks again to all lending their encouragement and advice.