CRT

Joe D

Marck at East Coast Reatta Parts sells refurbished ones with a 2-year warranty for $500 and used ones with a 1-year warranty for $300.  I've also heard that TV repair shops can repair these units, but I cannot confirm that myself.  I do have one that I removed from a very clean '88 Riviera that I'm not using at the moment.  It functions fine but has some cracks on the screen.  

20200815_175759[1].jpg

20200815_175911[1].jpg

11 hours ago, James90 said:

I do have one that I removed from a very clean '88 Riviera that I'm not using at the moment.  It functions fine but has some cracks on the screen.  

I think the touch screen can be replaced separately from the CRT although I have never done it. Joe might be able to use his touch screen on your CRT and have a good working unit.

BTW, I think $500 or even $300 is too much money for a CRT.

Eddie Voland, in Westminster MD repairs CRT's. His base charge is $150.00 plus shipping (as of 3/5/15). Phone: 443-536-9591

Jim Finn might have a good used one at a reasonable price. He can be reached at: reattas60@gmail.com

Also, be aware that it is possible that the '86 - '88 Riviera had the same CRT as the '88 Reatta.  But, I believe that for either car the '89 CRTs' are not compatible with previous years.  Someone with better knowledge should chime in.

The '86/87 CRTs did not have the 6 "hard" buttons so are not compatible with the Reatta. But the '88/89 are interchangeable.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

The '86/87 CRTs did not have the 6 "hard" buttons so are not compatible with the Reatta. But the '88/89 are interchangeable.

Wow, did I mess that one up!!  Thanks, Dave.