Swapping rear suspension?

2seater

I know I have seen threads that showed the rear suspension package out of the car but not of the actual process. According to the fsm, aside from some peripheral connections, the entire assembly, crossmember, spring, brakes and hubs comes out complete with only four bolts. If so, am considering if swapping the donor car rear suspension into the black car is feasible. It only has in the 140k something miles on it and I had already installed all new brake lines in the rear and relocated the proportioner. If anyone has pulled one and is willing to share?

I think the guy named Henning from Germany wrote about taking his out and repairing it and included a lot of photos. I can't remember what his username was at the moment.

40 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Also, @89 MAUI might be able to give you info about it. I think I remember him having his rear suspension out.

The first guy was Aztec64 and tried contacting him while working on a Teves pump. I will look for his posts. I will try mail to MAUI

Thanks

• Like 1

Almost afraid to ask what you found on the Black. If you want others who have done the swap try bhclark and fordrodsteven. They both say 4 bolts, brake cable and lines.

22 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Almost afraid to ask what you found on the Black. If you want others who have done the swap try bhclark and fordrodsteven. They both say 4 bolts, brake cable and lines.

No issues apparent, other than excess negative camber on the right rear. I remembered at one time there were ride height shims available and looking through the fsm, axle removal looked possible. The donor has a good stance and will likely go away this fall, so just exploring the possibilities.

I sort of stumbled onto fordrod too while reading through Aztec62 saga. Thank you

Years ago Baumgarts were supposed to check the camber on all 4 wheels and I know I bought shims for it. But well....