Cold air intake

Reaping Reatta

I just bought a 1990 Reatta, always thought that they looked beautiful and always wanted one. It has 60000 original miles on it, no dents, scratches and so on. Very clean and well kept. I'm a speed freak and always have had a cold air intake on all of my cars, but I cant find one for my car. Does anyone know if they are made for these cars,

No, there is no Reatta specific shelf parts, but can easily fabricate your own with some ingenuity. I am sure others will chime in. The factory setup IS a cold air intake but the filter area is a bit on the small side.

Welcome to the forum. I made a simple cold air intake for my Reatta but I don't have it installed right now.  Members of the antique car club I'm in look down on them.  I don't know if it makes much more power on a stock engine but it sounds like it does. ?  The hardest part in making mine was cutting a hole in the chrome pipe for the sensor that came out of the stock air box.

Air Cleaner (14).JPG

Air Cleaner (12).JPG

Your still drawing hot air from the engine bay. You need to take that air box out and the canister under it and run that intake down thru hole where the canister was. Put you filer on the end of it/

Edited by jon L