Headliner Color

Gary K

Hello Reatta owners, 

I am Gary from CA, and I have 3 of these Baby Buicks as I call them, I have been looking for the correct color material for my White '91 with "Flame Red" interior, Is it possible there is another name for this color, any other members face this in the past? I have tried and gone in so many directions looking for the correct color I am about ready to replace with a black or charcoal headliner. Any help is very much appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Some guys have had good results going to a fabric store and matching up with what the store has.

What I did was remove the roof liner from the car then remove the old material and clean up the liner and take it to an upholstery shop and let them replace the liner.

I have the same, a '91 artic white with "flame red" (GM code 731) interior.  My understanding is that only 19 Reattas were produced with this color combo for '91....pretty rare.  Your best bet is to do what Daves89 recommends above.  

Thank you Daves89 and ship for the feedback,.. I did find a correct color Flame Red replacement doing my online research, but I just cannot justify paying the Company $90 a yard for the material.  I know how much the foam back material cost as I did work in an Auto Upholstery shop that a friend owned back in the early 90's up to about '05,  and have R & R many headliners in the past.   So to plan B..... I am now considering doing a color change on just the Headliner, and working on a color very similar to the plastic dash surround as well as the other interior plastic trim.  I hope to have this completed before the end of Summer.  

Would you mind telling us what company had the Flame Red material? It might halo someone in the future that might want to pay the extra money to get correct headliner material for their Reatta.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ronnie, The company that claims to have the correct Flame Red material is SMS Auto Fabric out of Canby, Oregon.  I feel they are price gouging to the extreme on this, and I personally do not do business with a company like this.

Gary