Detroit/Flint area Reatta Mechanic?

Radiotowerdude

Does anyone know of a repair shop in the Detroit or Flint area, who can work on my Reatta? It has major electrical problems. My regular mechanic has had it at his shop for more than 5 years, and is not interested in working on it. This has dragged on far too long, and I need to either fix it, or junk it. My Dad worked at the Lansing Craft Center, and passed away in 2016. I would really like to get the Reatta back on the road again. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!  Sorry, I can't help you with locating a mechanic in your area. If your regular mechanic kept your car for five years you need a new regular mechanic. I agree that it has dragged on too long.  Anything over one month is too long unless there is a good reason that is beyond the mechanic's control.

• Agree 1

The Reatta has him stumped.  I've spent a fortune on parts, including a new instrument cluster. It didn't make any difference. In addition to the spare cluster, I have 2 spare touch screens, headlight switches rebuilt by Jim Finn, and a few other items I can't recall at the moment, all with no luck. The Reatta is a challenging vehicle. My new mechanic won't work on it either. Several years ago, at a car show in Flint, someone gave me the name and number of a shop that works on Reatta's. Sure wish I could remember who it was... I am hoping someone here may know. My Reatta is an '89, Polar White, grey interior.

As a group, the people on this forum have a good knowledge of the Reatta and how to fix most common problems.  If you will give us a detailed description of the problem you are having we might be able to help you figure it out.

Unfortunately, I am not able to work on the car myself. That's why it's sitting where it is. I wish there were more Reatta owners from Michigan on these forums. If there is, my car is at a shop called LTM, on E. Highwood, off Walton Blvd, in Pontiac. Surely, there must be a shop somewhere around here with a Reatta fan on the payroll, but if there is, I haven't had any luck finding it. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...