Error code

jon L

Anyone know what an error code of ED 43 means, or maybe it'a ED 43

Edited by jon L

Thanks Dave.

OK, Ronnie, HELP!

What is ESC?

Edited by jon L

It is the electronic spark control, aka, the knock sensor circuit. 

As it is used today on more modern cars, it is the electronic stability control, go figure.

Glad it was a "knock" sensor. That ED 43 had me a little concerned. I thought the car was monitoring some other function of Jons...

Thank you 2seater.  How in the h--l dp you fix that error?

Without looking at the manual I would start with checking the connection. You do a lot of work on your car maybe you bumped it...

I also have a couple of settings on the computer that advance the timing and I have tried them.

I can't find my list of adjustable ECM chip parameters right off, but I think there are settings that control the attack and recovery rate for the knock sensor. Just speculating, but perhaps something in the new program is causing the error? Do you know if the knock sensor is working? I had an issue several years ago where I should have been getting a knock signal while I was experimenting with boost but nothing showed up. I tried a new sensor and finally a replacement Prom and it has worked since. With the engine idling and in diagnostic mode with the knock counts displayed, I give a sharp rap on one of the front accessory mounts or maybe the rear engine lifting eye (if you still have them) to see if the knock counts increase.

The sensor is relatively new so it should be working.Thanks, I'll try that alos.