Part Needed: Transmission Shift Control Cable

oscard

Hello fellow Reatta lovers! I am in need of a Transmission Shift Control Cable (lower). The original GM Part number was 1638814. Does any one have a spare they are willing to sell? Thank you!

You received a reply from Jim Finn to your inquiry you posted on the AACA-Reatta forum.  Check it out.

There is a 1991 Riviera and 1991 Toronado in my local junkyard.  GMPartsGiant.com says they both use the same cable as the Reatta.  I can check them out if you'd like.

- James

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James90 said:

There is a 1991 Riviera and 1991 Toronado in my local junkyard.  GMPartsGiant.com says they both use the same cable as the Reatta.  I can check them out if you'd like.

- James

James...welcome,

You might want to get them and include them in a personal inventory (or start one if you haven't already).  Soon or later one of us Reatta owners are quite possibly going to need that cable.

• Like 1

With my local you pick yard well stocked in Rivs, Reattas, and Toranados [about 10-12 of them I'll not get too exited about building inventory. Then there is that yard in West Bend that had 6-8 Reattas/Rivs and Toranados so there is even more to grab from.

Dave, your yard sounds like heaven.  I've only seen about 6 Reattas/Rivs/Toronados in a 50 mile radius the past couple years.

And the best part is the yard guys and counter guys like me. There are two Reattas that have been there for about 7 years now. They are pretty picked over now but still there. Then there are two others [one I put there] and then the Rivs [5-6] and 2-3 Toranados. Metal prices are down so I don't think they are going anywhere. I took some aluminum in and they only paid 20 cents a pound. Not worth the garage space so I will be just adding it to recycling.

9 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

With my local you pick yard well stocked in Rivs, Reattas, and Toranados [about 10-12 of them I'll not get too exited about building inventory. Then there is that yard in West Bend that had 6-8 Reattas/Rivs and Toranados so there is even more to grab from.

Wow!  In all my pickin' years (started around 2003), I've only come across 3 Reattas in my local yards.  Reattas' and 7th gen Rivieras' didn't sell well in Eastern MA.

• 11 months later...

Hello fellow Reatta lovers! I am in need of a Transmission Shift Control Cable. The original GM Part number was 1638814. Does any one have a spare they are willing to sell? Thank you!

On 7/8/2021 at 10:58 AM, RemSteele said:

Hello fellow Reatta lovers! I am in need of a Transmission Shift Control Cable. The original GM Part number was 1638814. Does any one have a spare they are willing to sell? Thank you!

You might try a 'pick-n'-pull' yard.  As with a number of Reatta owners' experiences, the same era Riviera had many identical parts with the Reatta....and example would be same tranny, same console shifter in relationship to your question.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:58 AM, RemSteele said:

I could get one for you. As I have never removed one, how hard is it to do? 

That would be great. Willing to pay you for your time. The bushing repair seems fine but if that end breaks you are a square one. 

I would l like spare.

RJ