Just purchased a 88 reatta randomly.

DaRealTeufel

Regarding that cup holder, just mount it to the passenger side of the console. That's where I have two of them mounted.

I have a "Kicker" powered sub woofer in my Reattas. I bought extra harnesses for each of the 3 Reattas I own so I can swap from one car to another in no time. I had to buy another Kicker as the 'vert is going to Texas and I need one for that car and then one for the Wisconsin cars.

I bought one Kicker unit from E bay for $100.00 and another one of Dallas Craigslist when I was coming through from Brownsville for $60.00.

The Kicker pwered sub woofer has it's own box with quick connect plugs and slides into the trunk against the pass through door. I just use a board to wedge it to keep it in place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Whoa. If those are actually 110 watts each, you are definitely going to need a headlight wiring harness like Dave suggested that have relays to take the load off the headlight switch. That much wattage could fry it and the marginal headlight wiring of the Reatta will degrade the output of those LED headlights defeating the purpose of installing them. Maybe that 110 watt rating is for both headlights?

I believe the 110 watt is for both. But ill definitely get a new harness asap then. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Regarding that cup holder, just mount it to the passenger side of the console. That's where I have two of them mounted.

I have a "Kicker" powered sub woofer in my Reattas. I bought extra harnesses for each of the 3 Reattas I own so I can swap from one car to another in no time. I had to buy another Kicker as the 'vert is going to Texas and I need one for that car and then one for the Wisconsin cars.

I bought one Kicker unit from E bay for $100.00 and another one of Dallas Craigslist when I was coming through from Brownsville for $60.00.

The Kicker pwered sub woofer has it's own box with quick connect plugs and slides into the trunk against the pass through door. I just use a board to wedge it to keep it in place.

yeah i had some cup holders on the side but now I have an external 12 volt 4 cigerate lighter ports with stuff plugged in and some remotes attached too. I really don't have drinks in my car much so for once in a while that cup holder is perfect for me. And thats pretty cool, I was thinking of getting a box and putting it on the pass through door or even taking the door off but I wanted something hidden plus I didn't need anything bigger then a 8.

There are lots of options on cup holders. I went  a more conventional route but I lost access to the cigarette lighter in the process. I installed power block with both cigarette lighter and USB ports under the dash.

cup holder.jpg

1 hour ago, DaRealTeufel said:

yeah i had some cup holders on the side but now I have an external 12 volt 4 cigerate lighter ports with stuff plugged in and some remotes attached too. I really don't have drinks in my car much so for once in a while that cup holder is perfect for me. And thats pretty cool, I was thinking of getting a box and putting it on the pass through door or even taking the door off but I wanted something hidden plus I didn't need anything bigger then a 8.

What fuse did you tap into?

I thought about putting cup holders where you did but didn't know what to do about the lighter situation. I ended up doing this instead with the cup holder in the center console.20200819_184957.thumb.jpg.a345c8abdda814d22388e9c8be8d11f8.jpg

2 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

What fuse did you tap into?

for the cigerate lighter thing, there's a fuse built in, as for the subwoofer the only fuse I used was the one built into the power cord.

1 minute ago, DaRealTeufel said:

for the cigerate lighter thing, there's a fuse built in, as for the subwoofer the only fuse I used was the one built into the power cord.

Okay I just wanted to know for safety.  Don't use the headlights too much until you get that harness installed. Even if those are 55 watts each that is a lot for the car's wiring and switch.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Okay I just wanted to know for safety.  Don't use the headlights too much until you get that harness installed. Even if those are 55 watts each that is a lot for the car's wiring and switch.

Thats funny because I work midnights so i only drive at night basically and always have them on?

• 2 weeks later...

Little update, I installed the wire harness today and the lights are even brighter and now the headlights go up and down again. I know there were cheaper ones but the $50 octane lighting harness is pretty good. I guess my parking lights fuse blew too before I put the harness in so I got a new one and those work now. I Still need to mess with the headlight switch to fix my fog lamps and interior lights. I have to push the fog light button for the lights to turn on at night.

Lol i guess my car fixed itself. Everythings working again. Just need to repaint the car now. I already know thats going to be a mess.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was leaving work the other night and couldn't resist snapping this photo. After I get my E041 code fixed I'd love to tint the taillights and front lights. Then paint the rest of the chrome black and possibly install a small spoiler painted red What do you guys think?20200907_055750.thumb.jpg.d5fa2ba603cae60cd5bb714cae385c6f.jpg

That is an interesting photo. I guess it has water beaded up all over it? I'm not a fan of the black thing. I know it's popular now. If you like it is what counts so if you like it go for it. I do like spoilers.

• Thanks 1

Yes, interesting rendering. I do not care for the original wheels myself but the black in your pic makes them almost modern? I prefer something a little less stark than black for the trim, maybe a charcoal or gray? In this case it is a highlight color, so something bold would work too. Already have body colored moldings

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ronnie said:

That is an interesting photo. I guess it has water beaded up all over it? I'm not a fan of the black thing. I know it's popular now. If you like it is what counts so if you like it go for it. I do like spoilers.

Yeah it rained earlier and with the light right above it, It was Definitely a sight to see. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2seater said:

Yes, interesting rendering. I do not care for the original wheels myself but the black in your pic makes them almost modern? I prefer something a little less stark than black for the trim, maybe a charcoal or gray? In this case it is a highlight color, so something bold would work too. Already have body colored moldings

Once I save some more money up ill probably get new wheels and rims next year but for now they're just painted black. The reatta symbol goes perfectly with the black. Also did some moldings come with the factory color? I was wondering why everyone else had a highlight color and mine didn't besides the chrome.