Wheel Studs

Jay

When using alternate wheels, has anyone encountered the need for longer wheel studs?  I currently run with Pontiac SSEi rims which fit, but the studs could be longer to get more depth on the lugs.  The tires currently have 235/55/17s which given their width rub a bit on the right side fenderwell. I was going to add a 6mm wheel spacer (yes, I know it would throw off all kinds of design flags so I didn't).  Instead, I am thinking of going to a 225/50/17 tire which should resolve the minor rub, but I still would like longer studs for deeper lug threading.  Stock studs are Dorman 610-254 Dorman M12-1.50 Serrated Wheel Stud - 12.73mm Knurl, 41.5mm Length.  Based on a Dorman 610-323 application chart, (which has the same specs but longer) I looked for similar studs from late model Buick Verano, Hummer H3 and Chevy Spark at the junkyard.  While the overall length was longer, the thread length was negligible.  Any suggestions?  I did not see any references when I conducted the forum search.  Thanks in advance!

I have never seen a need to swap studs on my wheel swaps so have no advice...

• Agree 1