Is this a worthy option for a NEW ICM and coil pack?

Luftweg

but if you get this you will need a mounting plate from the junk yard just find a car with a 3800 series engine and get the mounting plate that the coils and the icm screw into or you can modify the original mounting plate thats attached to the car.

Looks like Herko is the ICM the brand. Are you saying they sent you a Delphi brand ICM instead. If so that is a great deal.

AD Auto Parts Coil Pack - Herko LX364 Ignition Control Module + 3 OEM BS3006 Ignition Coils

Comparison of Herko ICM/coilpack with original Magnavox ICM/coilpack....  The Herko is much bigger

IMG_1613.JPG

14 minutes ago, Luftweg said:

Comparison of Herko ICM/coilpack with original Magnavox ICM/coilpack....  The Herko is much bigger

IMG_1613.JPG

I don't know if the size is a good or not so good sign but I will be interested to see how it all pans out. Just from observation of reports over many years, it seems the monolithic brick style is more prone to ICM failure than the coils, and the opposite is true of the individual coil style, where the coils are more prone to failure. Maybe from being driven harder to produce the greater output?? It would be nice to find something that combines all the best traits in one package. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 7:59 PM, Ronnie said:

Looks like Herko is the ICM the brand. Are you saying they sent you a Delphi brand ICM instead. If so that is a great deal.

AD Auto Parts Coil Pack - Herko LX364 Ignition Control Module + 3 OEM BS3006 Ignition Coils

Thats what they sent me is a delphi

But yeah i never noticed it said herko in the title till now, maby the title is wrong 

• Thanks 1