Oem Muffler replacement?

LeShan Brown

I think I have a stainless steel one close in size with the correct inlets and outlets.

I went on e bay and there is one from Walker #22401. I bought this very unit and it has the same inlets and outlets as my '88/89 cars only is a bit shorter in length. The inlets and outlets are also in the same place.  It is stainless steel.

Aggravating isn't it.  You try to help someone and then BOOM they're gone.  The young people now days call that ghosting. ?

Hard to know wether to welcome or do an eye roll and ignore. Like the lowering question of a few days ago. I was thinking it was a prank so was direct in reply. Much is so terse or badly written it is hard to understand, maybe a casualty of Twitter where complete thoughts or reasoning seem to be absent. 

I would think a 91 muffler should be a quarter inch larger inlet to match the overall system?

Edited by 2seater
  • Agree 1

You know 2seater I forgot the exhaust pipe size was different. But at least the inlets/outlets are in the correct place. It would make a good replacement without a lot of work.

A muffler from a late 90's Camaro works well too. Dual outlets.

Good for him. Hope he finds the help he wants/needs.