Did the social distancing orders include Reatta forums?

Ronnie

That appears to be the case because the ones I frequent seem to be all but shut down.  

• Agree 1

Not much going on I guess. Although I did speak to 2seater earlier this week. I needed some gaskets as Kendall and I swapped out a water pump, timing chain, gear and magnet. Also did the valve cover gaskets and intake manifold.

This was on the '88 Black.

We start the 'vert today as I have been getting a code E 041 on that car as well. So that car will also get a timing chain, gear and magnet.

Both cars got genuine AC replacement parts.

Edited by DAVES89

Dave, it appears you are taking this shutdown as an opportunity to get all you cars in good shape.  I should be doing that too but I just don't have the get up and go right now to do it.  As you know I have been trying to take care of some health issues but every time I make a doctors appointment the doctor's office calls and reschedules it ahead for another month.  I'm just glad my situation isn't an immediate threat to my life.  It seems like most people have locked their Reattas away and forgotten about them right now. Maybe that's caused by the economy or the lack of places to go. I don't know.

That could be true Ronnie. But as you know back in the day we would just get on the forum and BS. But that doesn't happen anymore.

At any rate today was the 'vert's turn. We are just doing the timing chain, gear and magnet on it. The intake manifold has been done before so this is going quicker.

We will finish tomorrow and because we are not doing the manifold we are now adding the front rubber brake hoses, flush brake fluid and then the fuel filter.

That should do it.

BTW the '88 Black still throws a code, so I will be swapping the entire brake system from the '89 parts car [Master Cylinder, knuckles that hold the ABS wheel speed sensors, and the EBCM as that car while a junker has a working brake system. That will happen a bit later this year. Too bad it's a great running car just ugly... 

On 4/23/2020 at 7:36 AM, DAVES89 said:

Not much going on I guess. Although I did speak to 2seater earlier this week. I needed some gaskets as Kendall and I swapped out a water pump, timing chain, gear and magnet. Also did the valve cover gaskets and intake manifold.

This was on the '88 Black.

We start the 'vert today as I have been getting a code E 041 on that car as well. So that car will also get a timing chain, gear and magnet.

Both cars got genuine AC replacement parts.

Dave89, mine has a code E041 as well. I was planning to try and fix it at some point this year and do the water pump and intake manifold gasket.  Do you recommend just replacing the chain and gear if you're going to do the magnet? or is there a way to pop the new magnet in without removing the gear?

There is a fix and Ronnie has it posted above in the "How to" section. However what I noticed on both cars is that the chain shows wear [stretched] and the tension has a groove worn in from the chain, so if you are mechanically inclined or have a friend who is, replacement is the way to go.

I've never done a timing chain, but I have done timing belts on a subaru outback.  I'm always paranoid I'm going to mess something up though.