Replacing driver side window motor

osduck5

Thanks for adding me to the forums.   I have been putting off replacing the driver side window motor and decided today would be a great day to get that accomplished.   Could not get part until almost 3 pm.   I used the directions listed in the "how to" section on this forum.  Great directions.  However, this has been the most difficult window motor I have ever replaced on any car.   I have it all ready to go back in and tomorrow, when I have another set of hands to help guide, I will attempt to put everything back without breaking any thing, especially 30 year old plastic parts.   Thanks for posting up the instructions.   

I'm happy to hear the instructions helped you.  Be sure you secure the spring as described in the instructions to avoid injury to you or damage to the car.

IMG_2269.thumb.jpg.1978156e463bbf4d7c44e51b3c61fc57.jpg

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm happy to hear the instructions helped you.  Be sure you secure the spring as described in the instructions to avoid injury to you or damage to the car.

• Like 1

Wow. I just realized we are almost neighbors. I live in Kingston.  Nice looking car!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a passenger side motor replacement in my relatively near future I think.  It goes up and down a lot slower than the driver's side. I've done that replacement on other 90s GM cars.  It's never fun.

• Like 1