1989 Buick reatta in sf Bay Area I need help

Reatta lacrosse

Hey everyone my name is Chris this is my first time on here I have a 1989 Buick reatta I need help and parts if any one can help.

i would love to find a working cassette player 

I would love to get the aux cable for my can’t figure out how to do it. 

Is there any reatta owners left in the sf Bay Area please let me know let’s hang out talk whatever thanks!!

I think I have an extra MP 3 lead laying around. It is plug and play. What you do is pull out your existing cassette lead [leaving the power plug, plugged in and plug it into the MP3 lead. Then just use the radio page to turn on the cassette deck and hit play. You must have a broken cassette tape in the player. If you have a broken cassette player it will click for about 10 seconds and then play whatever you have the MP3 lead plugged into.

If interested I can be reached at;

lemke1044@aol.com

However I am in Texas on vacation and won't be back until mid April.

Perfect I’ll take it no worries let me me know when you are able to thanks 

Hey Ronnie thanks so I want to Add the aux to the radio. I’ve heard to splice the tape audio can any one tell me what color or what is the best easiest way to add a aux cable to my stock stereo

Took everything out now am stuck 

Just so we are clear on this, it's not for free. There is a part price and shipping as well.

Yes of course whatever the total price I can pay ASAP. Pay pal, Venmo , cash app whatever works 

Okay I'll respond to your e mail with a price and payment terms.

But what did you do to the factory original wiring and the cassette deck and radio? You may need a replacement stereo harness as well, or can you repair it back to original?

11 hours ago, Reatta lacrosse said:

Hey Ronnie thanks so I want to Add the aux to the radio. I’ve heard to splice the tape audio can any one tell me what color or what is the best easiest way to add a aux cable to my stock stereo

Sorry, I've never done that.  Daves89 knows a lot more about it than me.

For  Reatta lacrosse and anyone else interested what I did was real simple.

I went out to the local You Pick yard and grabbed another cassette deck. I opened the back of the You Pick deck and took out the speaker connector with the short pigtail attached. I then splice it into a extension phono plug giving me 2' -3' more wire. I then removed the cassette deck from my Reatta, unplugged the car's speaker harness [leaving the power connection in place] and then plugged the car's stereo harness into my fabricated lead with the You Pick connector. 

Run the lead back through the cassette deck opening and under the console [you only have to remove the shifter plate] and feed it to the ash tray. Drill a 1/2" hole in the ash tray, insert a rubber grommet for protection of any rough edges in the ash tray and feed the lead through the grommet. I just curl the lead in the tray and surrounding area under the ash tray lid.

You should use zip ties or electrical tape to keep the phono lead from getting tangled in the shift mechanism. 

After plugging the lead into your device [for me my MP3 player]  you can just go to the "radio" page select "play" and wait for the clicking to stop [about 10 seconds] unless your cassette deck isn't broke and you will have your device playing through the factory system.

I didn't want to get into cutting up any original harness so this way keeps everything simple and easily restored to original by simply removing my fabricated harness. For additional base I added a powered sub woofer and tapped into the just the rear speakers for a little low end "kick" and have been very pleased with the sound.