New Reatta owner in Chicago

Nick

Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself.  I just became a Reatta owner today.  

I used to buy, restore and sell collector cars and motorcycles as a business before switching to my current job at a nonprofit, and I still have some of the cars and motorcycles from my former business.  One of the motorcycles was a 1974 Harley Davidson Shovelhead project that I knew I would never complete, so I found a 1988 Reatta for sale and offered the bike as a trade.  And here we are...

She needs some work (can't seem to stay away from project), but has recently been repainted and reupholstered, and seems to run and drive well (although I'm noticing an oil or trans fluid leak).  The CRT works well, but the electronic dash has been pulled out (previous owner was going to send it out to be rebuilt but the vendor said it actually needed to be in the car to be tested before it could be sent out) so I don't know how many miles are on her.  

I'll probably be posting some questions and asking for some help, so thanks in advance for any advice.  Here are a couple photos - I haven't taken her down off the trailer yet because I'm not sure where I'm going to be doing the work on her.  

IMG_8060.thumb.JPG.63fa5d9e76a2f8f869b81f6c560120fb.JPGIMG_8061.thumb.JPG.1761f27c2e518b4cee187e40e4726c5e.JPG

Nick

7 minutes ago, Nick said:

The CRT works well, but the electronic dash has been pulled out (previous owner was going to send it out to be rebuilt but the vendor said it actually needed to be in the car to be tested before it could be sent out) so I don't know how many miles are on her.

In your other post you asked about getting the CRT being rebuilt. Did you actually mean the Instrument panel or do you need both?

That's a  nice looking Reatta! Feel free to ask questions. We will try to help answer them.

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

In your other post you asked about getting the CRT being rebuilt. Did you actually mean the Instrument panel or do you need both?

I was just curious about the CRT - having no one out there rebuilding them makes them a disappearing commodity, so I was glad to hear that there are vendors for repair.  

But I do need to get the instrument panel working, so any suggestions for a vendor to rebuild that would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

Nick

Nick, Welcome to the forum....great bunch of folks here so don't hesitate to ask questions and/or share your new-to-you Reatta experiences.