Rock Auto 5% Discount Code

ship

Rock Auto's 5% discount is available to anyone for use.  A gentleman from the Riv Performance Forum gave me a website that displays the codes with various expiration dates.  It is:  https://www.retailmenot.com/view/rockauto.com . The latest code is 129268223120350775 with an expiration date of 03/29/2020.  Enter the code in the box entitled "How Did You Hear About Us"  in the Order/Payment/Shipping Screen. 

They also quite frequently post clearance items, right now they have a lot of good stuff if you want to stock up for Spring time repairs/upkeep, ie. Spark Plug wires under $20.

Not sure if this link will work but give it a try (It is for a 90, but I'm sure there are other years too)

https://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeeds.php?carcode=1019911&m=wc&l=en&html=true

Edited by Frogware
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm now in the middle of a order mess.

I got a SES code this morning on my Buick Enclave and went to have it read at AutoZone. They told me I had a random miss fire on 5 of 6 cylinders and should replace the plugs and or coils. I called my mechanic friend and he said don't screw around replace both the coils and plugs, so here we go.

I'm leaving Friday early morning to drive the Enclave to Texas. I thought I could get the plugs and coils [both AC] from Rock Auto overnighted to be here tomorrow [Thursday]. They will overnight but that is Friday before end of day. I only read that after I placed the order, so I quickly cancelled. Hopefully they don't still come. I did cancel within 10 minutes of placing the order so it should be stopped.

So I then went to Advance Auto and went to place my order. They have Drive works [house brand] and BMW on special for 25% off which tells me the Driveworks are probably made by BMW and then AC spark plugs.

After all my screwing around it turns out that Advance is cheaper by $8.00 on the entire order using the discounts then it would have been overnighting from Rock.

Next time I pay closer attention... 

Always pros and cons of doing business with any parts store.  They all make mistakes, but try their best.  I ordered a new front caliper for the Reatta from Advance last month......arrived, and it had the wrong caliper bracket attached to it......a pain to have to reuse the old crappy one instead of the new one that came with the caliper.  Never had to send any wrong parts back to Rock (yet), and not sure if they pay the shipping or the buyer has to. 

Hope you get the parts and your Enclave on the road in time for the trip.

Cancellation/credit just came through from Rock Auto. Parts from Advance will be in tomorrow morning. Installed tomorrow and a quick test drive and then finish loading the Enclave and off to Texas.

I've been shopping around all day for parts for my new-to-me truck. Spark plugs, wiper blades, etc. Amazon was the cheapest if you include shipping and taxes but I always shop around. For some reason Amazon charges me tax part of the time and sometimes they don't. It must depend on which warehouse they are shipped from. I hope everything works out for you Dave. 

• 3 weeks later...

The only problem with rock auto is that they are guilty of cross price gouging. They routinely overcharged for reatta parts that are found elsewhere on their site for as much as 75% cheaper. Case in point, compare the Oldsmobile, Buick, and Cadillac parts as far as the struts go. Or any other combination that you choose. And what you will find is the identical strut used trofeo, allante or DeVille, and Reatta where the part numbers are slightly different however the specs on the units are the same and the bolt patterns match. Where the strut may cost upwards of $70 on Reattas the identical unit can be purchased for as little as $15 on clearance for other models. I realize this takes a lot of research but suffice it to say money can be saved at RockAuto and their inventories pretty good. But charging so much just because there were so few production units and they find a way to profit off of us is more than just nonsense. You can even find brake pads that are actually identical model numbers with different prices. And the list goes on and on. Finding the depart can be purchased in California because of some proposition warning is also ridiculous. many of these parts are shipped to and from California to their warehouses where in order to do so the documentation that they speak of has to be in place first before shipment can be made legally. This is just how they couch for more money a shipping cost and there's got to be a lawyer out there they can do something about it. So be wary using that 5% discount because you may be charged 75% more for the part that you're buying. Please pardon me as I'm not trying to bash RockAuto in particular. It's just a point that I need to make so the people don't get suckered is all. I personally cannot stand it when bad business practices are overlooked and the net outcome is just advantage being taken of citizens just trying to do maintenance on the vehicles. Good luck on the part search.

Edited by Pystalchemyst
Typos and addendum

1 hour ago, Pystalchemyst said:

...Please pardon me as I'm not trying to bash RockAuto in particular....

Kinda sounds like you actually are...

pistolchemist.....Well, all I can say is that when I compare prices between Rock and others, it seems that most of the time I get a better deal with Rock, and that includes the shipping costs.  I guess if Rock has a higher prices on some parts because they are for a "Reatta" instead of another Buick, then I guess all the other parts dealers are also charging a mark-up for the "Reatta" part.  Would be nice if someone made a parts list that gave the "Non-Reatta" part number for us Reatta owners.

1 hour ago, Studebaker said:

Would be nice if someone made a parts list that gave the "Non-Reatta" part number for us Reatta owners.

In a way RockAuto does that.  If you find a part for your Reatta that you are interested in you can click on the Manufacture's part number (color blue) and a window will pop up (Buyer's Guide) that will tell you all the vehicles that part will fit. In the photo below you can see what I mean when I searched for a '89 Reatta brake rotor.   I always compare prices with RockAuto, Amazon and Advance Auto Parts including the shipping cost. Sometimes Advance will have a 20-25% discount for ordering online and that will be the cheapest price if I pick that part up at my local Advance store.

Screenshot_Rotor RockAuto.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ronnie I did not know that thanks for the tip. I like to think I'm pretty good at sourcing cheap parts but this can really help.

• 3 weeks later...

Rock Auto 5% discount good thru May 24, 2020:

• Thanks 1