"DOOR AJAR" stays lit on 90 coupe

bli22

The interior lights go off when I close the doors, but the "DOOR AJAR" warning light stays lit. Those aren't connected?

Proud owner of 3 1990 coups.

I don't think it is the same switch. There is a switch on the front of the door and one on the back.

The switch in the front of the door is for the interior lights. The rear switch [the one I think that is broke] is in the back end of the door in the latch area.

• Like 1

Can you give me some basic information on what I'm looking for?  I felt around the back of the door and poked my finger into the spot where the door latches.  I also tried googling the part I might need hoping to see a pic of what I'm looking for and got nowhere.  Drop some more of that amazing wisdom on me!

Sometimes it's hard to see what is right in front of you. Maybe we should have said back of the door JAM. ?

SAM_4167.JPG

AHHHH!!!  I was looking all over the door.  I'll take it from here. Thanks again!

• Like 1

So . . . my 1990 Doesn't have that.  It must have been on the 88-89 version.  There's a molded circle there, but no switch.  Check my other cars ( have 3 90's).  No switch.

43 minutes ago, bli22 said:

So . . . my 1990 Doesn't have that.  It must have been on the 88-89 version.  There's a molded circle there, but no switch.  Check my other cars ( have 3 90's).  No switch.

Oops. I didn't know that. I failed to notice what model you have when I posted.

I thought there was another wire inside the door that ends at the doors latch mechanism. I never thought about the seat belt button that you referred to.

12 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

I thought there was another wire inside the door that ends at the doors latch mechanism. I never thought about the seat belt button that you referred to.

You may be right Dave. The button I took a photo of my not be for the door ajar switch. The reason I thought it was the switch was because I had the door open and turned the key on. When I did the door ajar warning popped up when I put the transmission in drive.  When I pushed that button it went away.  That might have just been a coincidence. I can't find the place in the FSM that tells me for sure if that button activates a switch or not. I'm still looking.