Teves power brake booster motor/pump needed for 1990 Reatta.

Reg Rand

The motor on my Teves power brake booster motor/pump assembly burned up and is not repairable even in a motor rewind/repair facility due to the fact that the brush holders appear to have melted from the heat. I can get a new armature (VERY EXPENSIVE) I'm told, but with the brush holders, its a no-go. Does anyone know of a source of a new or a working used motor or motor/pump assembly?  Or does anyone have any ideas of a unique type of a fix for this problem? Any help is appreciated.

Wisconsin Randy

I'm in Menasha [just south of Appleton] and have 4 pump/motors on the shelf ready to go. I also have one Teves complete master cylinder on the shelf ready to go.

Email if interested at; lemke1044@aol.com

You can trust the parts from Dave for sure. I think the early '88 pump I got from Dave (for free) had the melted brush holders and plastic also. I am sure it is from not paying attention to the condition of the accumulator and style of driving. If yours is the same condition, there is no saving it and I went through the same search with a local starter/alternator and dc motor rebuilder.

38 minutes ago, 2seater said:

You can trust the parts from Dave for sure.

I agree. I've got a lot of parts from Dave and never was disappointed.