Sunroof Issue

Jay

My sunroof won't open now.  I was having to push up, but once in the up position I was able to use the switch and open and close the sunroof.  I still hear the motor run, but nothing happens when I push up.  Is there a set of gears that need to be replaced or does this require a new motor unit?  Thanks!

You will have to remove it [sorry don't know how] as the cables are probably froze up oir needing replacement. The parts you need you also fit a Mazda.

• 4 weeks later...

Jay.....I recently purchased a nice 1989 with a sunroof which has the same symptons......motor runs, but sunroof is not popping up and going back.  When I begin working on mine, I will post pictures and be as specific as possible as to what I do when repairing.

STA75347.JPG

I heard that the sunroof is a fairly rare option......does anyone know how many sunroof-optioned Reattas were made?

Also, isnt there a small tool that should come with the car that allows you to crank it open and closed manually?   I have not yet searched through the trunk tools.

Awesome!  I have not really attacked the issue since it is cooler now and I don't have any real need to open it.  Look forward to your findings!

Jay.....OK........It will take me awhile before I get to it.   I am currently doing other repairs, which I may post pics of....everyone loves pics, and for me when I see someone posting pics of their progress, it inspires me to go do the same.  I ordered the big shop manual which should be here soon (ebayers are charging too much for those rascals).

By the way, is there a way to have notifications sent to my email address so I know when someone replies to a topic I am following or started?

Here is one item that I want to fix:  A leaking oil level sensor on the oil pan.....drip, drip, drip:  Probably just loose, or a bad O-Ring.

STA75407.JPG

45 minutes ago, Studebaker said:

By the way, is there a way to have notifications sent to my email address so I know when someone replies to a topic I am following or started?

Yes, Click on the "follow" button in the upper right of the page. You can change how you would like to receive notifications from there. (red arrow)

Screenshot_follow post.png

Ronnie......OK, Thanks for showing me how to "Follow" threads.....now I will get an email once a day to alert me.  Hope I always remember to click on that "Follow" box on every topic that I reply to.....some sites have automatic email notifications, so I will have to remember to hit that box.