Fuzzy CRT

Ronnie

I spent the morning doing little things that I usually do to my Reatta this time of year in anticipation of covering it up for a few months when the weather turns bad. Leather dressing for the seats, a quick wax job. etc.  I decided it was a good time to check the codes so I turn on the key and noticed the CRT was fuzzy looking like it was shaking real fast. I turned the key off and back on thinking it was just a glitch that would go away. Same thing, fuzzy CRT. I went ahead and checked for codes while the CRT was working thinking the CRT was going out and I would replace it latter if it went all the way out. 

When I went in the house to get a cup of coffee and take a break it dawned on me the the battery charger was hooked up during the time the CRT was fuzzy.  When out and disconnected the charger and the fuzzy CRT was working normally.  That makes me think it's a bad idea to have the key on when the battery charger is charging the battery.  If it can make the CRT act up it might could do some bad things to other electronics like the computers??

I've not observed that Ronnie, as I usually charge with the car off. I have started the car with the charger on [usually after running the battery down working on something]. I'll have to watch for that next time.