Just when you think you've had a bad day...

Ronnie

... you see something that makes you realize it could have been a lot worse. ?  This reminds me of what it's like to work on a Reatta without a service manual. ?

Ponte-para-o-Futuro-do-Governo-Temer.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is a bad day, however I think it has been months since I cracked open a service manual. I find the "How to's on this site best able to address my questions.

• Like 3

I posted this silly video hoping someone would get a laugh out of it.  It appears not everyone has the same sense of humor as me. ?

Back in the day when I cleaned the Airport floors I remember my first time on a buffer, but it was nowhere near what happened in that video -- Hahaha!!! ?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Frogware said:

Back in the day when I cleaned the Airport floors I remember my first time on a buffer, but it was nowhere near what happened in that video -- Hahaha!!! ?

Now that you mention it, I have had similar experiences. Did you ever back yourself up to a wall, jam the handle into your midsection and have the machine go spearing off in an unfortunate direction. Didn't beat up a few other people as in the clip but I am sure observers had a good laugh?

• Like 1

I guess the reason I found the video so funny is because of my experience with a buffer.  I rented a big one with a 60 grit sanding disc to cut the concrete sealer off my back porch so I could install ceramic tile on it.  Thinset mortar won't bond to concrete sealer. 

The first time I turned it on it slammed me up against 4x4 porch post and then it headed across the floor with me hanging on to the handle bars. I was too startled to have sense enough to let go of the lever on the handle that shuts it off. By the time it hit the brick wall on the other side of the porch a friend who was helping me pulled the plug out of the wall to shut it off. Take it from me, a 17 inch buffer with a new 60 grit sanding disc really bites in and it can jerk you around like a rag doll if you aren't expecting it.  That thing made a fool out of me.

• Like 1

Never used one so have no experience. My experience with doing things is usually have the guys who have "done it" go first...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 7:10 AM, 2seater said:

Now that you mention it, I have had similar experiences. Did you ever back yourself up to a wall, jam the handle into your midsection and have the machine go spearing off in an unfortunate direction. Didn't beat up a few other people as in the clip but I am sure observers had a good laugh?

Sorry for the late response.....

I think while I was learning the ropes on it there may have been one or more of those incidents, but luckily I worked Graveyard shift so nobody was around to witness the event ?