Replaced Heater Control Module Still Runs with ignition off

sparkylectric

Replaced Heater Control Module , and it still runs with with ignition off . From every thing I have read , that was the problem. Any Ideas ?? Relay maybe ?? Electrician at Craft Centre for many years . Have a couple of Reatta's .Lots of parts. Some NOS. 

Edited by sparkylectric
added more information

That should be the problem as I never heard it happening any other way. You have two Reattas. Can you swap the one from the other to see if it is just the newly installed module that is bad also?

Welcome to the forum Sparky!  Nice to have someone here who helped build the Reattas.

I agree with Dave. I've never heard of anything else causing that to happen.  The module has 12 volts going to it at all times, even when the key is off.  There are no relays that I can see in the wiring schematic. The module controls the speed of the blower motor based on an input voltage it gets from the Heat/AC programmer.

If you find the module is good by swapping out the modules as Dave suggested, you can test to see if the Heat/AC programmer is working properly by following the instructions in this tutorial: HVAC Programmer Test

Thanks for the replies. I was a member sometime ago , and for some reason I got deleted. Anyway I have a storage area of NOS Reatta parts from the Craft Centre as they switched to STS Cadillac , then to SSR Truck. I noticed there was an open box of Select Sixty hood badges in there . I see their kind of expensive now. GM never orders exactly what they need . Mostly electronic stuff and trim parts, rubber seals, as I remember. I hated to see it go in the dumpster. You would be suprised to see what does. I haven't been in there for quite some time. It's in Grand Rapids , 75 miles away. Oh....  BTW I found a Red 90 Reatta in a salvage yard in Lansing a few days ago. Still some stuff left on it. Normal parts already gone.

Edited by sparkylectric
added sentence
  • Like 1

I hope you will come back and let us know what you is causing blower continue to run. I'm thinking you have another bad module.

• 2 years later...
On 10/22/2019 at 11:23 PM, sparkylectric said:

Replaced Heater Control Module , and it still runs with with ignition off . From every thing I have read , that was the problem. Any Ideas ?? Relay maybe ?? Electrician at Craft Centre for many years . Have a couple of Reatta's .Lots of parts. Some NOS. 

Sparky, did you ever get a Reatta belt buckle when you worked at the Craft Centre? I have on that somebody gave me when I bought a brass engraved R keychain. The seller said his grandpa worked as an electrician at the Craft Centre.

"Heater Control Module" are we talking about the blower fan module that goes in the vent duct on the firevall ? Never heard it called that before.