00 and ERROR problem

Bob McSorley

I'm new to the Reatta and can't solve the 00  Error problem. I have 3 clusters and I just replace the BCM with a remanned one from O'Reilly auto parts. Do you have any suggestions? Really frustrated at thie point.

The cluster that came with the car did not work when I bought it. But it started working 3 days later and continued to work for 1 week. So I got one from a salvage yard, it doesn't work. Now I have one from an ebay seller for $ 200 and it doesn't work. Very strange.

Welcome to the forum.

Usually the 00  Error problem is caused by a bad cluster. Odds are you have something else going on. Other than checking for a bad fuse I don't have much to offer.  Disconnecting the battery cable for a few minutes sometimes cures odd problems but I assume you have done that already.

Daves89 is probably our resident IPC guru. Is the cover in place on the ALDL port under the dash?

Thanks for the compliment but you guys covered the things I would try. Hard to believe it would be 3 clusters being bad, but it could be because his own unit is intermittent, and he bought the other two trusting they were good. I always keep a tested one on the shelf, and that;s all I have is one extra unit.

Maybe Jim Finn "over there" can help him out with a used one.