Aftermarket Sunroof

Red88beauty

My 88 doesn't have a sunroof and I'd love to get one installed.  Has anyone had one installed, and would this hurt the value?  Right now Reattas aren't too hot value wise (coupes) , so my thought would be to enjoy it for what it is.  

That's the right attitude. At this point Reattas are still not appreciating in value and may never. Do what you like and worry about value when you are done with it.

I did have an electric one installed on the Red about 12 years ago. Works great and never a leak or a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red88beauty said:

Right now Reattas aren't too hot value wise (coupes) , so my thought would be to enjoy it for what it is.  

Amen to that brother.  I drive mine as much as I can and I make small modifications to get the most enjoyment out of it I can.  I see no indication that the average Reatta is going to be a collectable increasing in value anytime soon.   Very low mileage Reattas... maybe.  If you think a sun roof will make you enjoy your Reatta more I say go for it.  I've saw Dave's sunroof and it looks good.

• Like 1

My only hesitation is the headliner in mine is in pristine condition as is most of the interior, so I hate to cut in to it but I'll probably still go for it.   

I know this is off topic but is there a way to tell what number in production sequence mine is and how rare the suede/leather combo was, which mine has?  

The VIN will give you the sequential number of the vehicle based on the order in which it was entered into the system (as in GM's computers). All Reatta VINS started at 900000 (last 6 digits of VIN number) for all four model years, and started over each new model year. So, VIN 900001 would have been the first car of any given model year,

Ah , dang, well mines not number one in sequence.   It's a wonder this car was ever actually produced, though I suspect that it was a way to use up some spare Riviera parts since it was a sales flop starting in 86.  Who knows, I'm just glad it did.  

You could try to search some of the forums for the sunroof. I have seen them for sell with everything (Reatta specific meaning someone pulled it out of a wrecked one), that way you might get a lower install price. Just a thought, some places don't like customers to provide the parts due to warranties.