ABS brakes

Judsramair

Have a problem with the brakes locking up and not releasing have put  New calibers all the way around and have bled them according to Way I have seen still not  releasing and overheating the disc and pads  any ideas 

Welcome to the forum!  Are all brakes on all the wheels not releasing and getting hot or just one?

This car has been a really fun car to drive and it’s in really good shape but it’s turned out to be more than I bargained for mainly all the computer controlled everything I would like to get this straightened out where I can enjoy the car but I don’t know if that’s going to be possible I do not know enough about the stuff  I have never had to deal with a breaking system like this one if I could get it just so it will do what it’s made to do and stop and not stay locked up I would be happy  it’s not like any brake system I’ve ever worked on  but I am trying to learn about it  I thought that the brake caliber was just stuck white ones I’ve seen on other vehicles do in the past and replaced with new ones and then OK but not on this car 

The Reatta's brake system is a little complicated but once you get to know how it works it's not all that bad. It's just different.

It's possible the brake problem is as simple as a flexible brake hose has collapsed on the inside and is preventing the brake fluid from returning to the reservoir when you take your foot off the brake pedal. It's not too uncommon for that to happen on any old car.

The Reatta is complicated but if you post one problem at a time here we can help you work it out. If you post too many problems at once it will get confusing. Get the brakes working first and we can move on to your next problem.

• Like 1

X2 on what Ronnie mentioned. It certainly sounds like a collapsed front brake hose, and I would replace both of them, bleed the brakes and hopefully good to go.

• Like 1

This car has been a really fun car to drive and it’s in really good shape but it’s turned out to be more than I bargained for mainly all the computer controlled everything I would like to get this straightened out where I can enjoy the car but I don’t know if that’s going to be possible I do not know enough about the stuff  I have never had to deal with a breaking system like this one if I could get it just so it will do what it’s made to do and stop and not stay locked up I would be happy  it’s not like any brake system I’ve ever worked on  but I am trying to learn about it  I thought that the brake caliber was just stuck white ones I’ve seen on other vehicles do in the past and replaced with new ones and then OK but not on this car 

Welcome to the Forum,

I would also read the tutorial on this site for bleeding the brakes ... the way I read your first post leads me to believe that you may not have followed the recommended technique for Reatta's.  Also, I second the recommendation that front brake lines be checked/replaced.  

• Like 1

Thank you I am going to put new brake lines on and follow the procedure for bleeding  The way I have read it on the site for the ABS system hopefully that will fix my problem I will keep you posted should know something within the next few days thank you so much 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Judsramair said:

Thank you I am going to put new brake lines on and follow the procedure for bleeding  The way I have read it on the site for the ABS system hopefully that will fix my problem I will keep you posted should know something within the next few days thank you so much 

Sounds like a plan. Keep us posted on how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the advice on the brake lines I think that has fix my problem thank you again